Pre-50 PVP Gear

Knomoen

My Assassin is level 43 and I stumbled across the PVP weapon vendor last night. I PVP casually but do enjoy it and will probably do more of it once I hit 50. I noticed the vendor had a level 42 "PVP" double-bladed lightsaber and one for level 46. Both had a small amount of Expertise on them.

My question is, is it worth buying one to finish out leveling up to 50 or should I pool my commendations for when I hit 50? From what I remember the lightsaber costs around 580 commendations.

My advice is, start saving commendations. When you hit level 50, you should have 1000/1000 commendations and then buy Champion bags.

You need 600 Warzone commendations to make 200 Mercenary commendations.

Champion bag cost 200/200 so you need 800 Warzone commendations / bag.

Allways try to do PvP dailies / weekly quests.

Its not worth it to buy those low lvl pvp items, when you need so many commendations after hitting level 50 (Mounts,Gear).

My advice is, start saving commendations. When you hit level 50, you should have 1000/1000 commendations and then buy Champion bags.

You need 600 Warzone commendations to make 200 Mercenary commendations.

Champion bag cost 200/200 so you need 800 Warzone commendations / bag.

Allways try to do PvP dailies / weekly quests.

Its not worth it to buy those low lvl pvp items, when you need so many commendations after hitting level 50 (Mounts,Gear).

Absolutely this don't even waste time with the noob PvP gear. My BH had 6 bags when he hit 50, and I got boots, and off-hand gun from the 6 bags. You could get nothing, but its still worth the shot with 6 bags you should get at least 1 champ item.

Edited by pixelelement

Okay, thank you for the quick responses.

Can you buy Mercenary Commendations before hitting 50? If so, should I start doing this?

Yes and yes. What you basically want to do is buy 1 Champ Bag that you can't open yet, and have 1000 merc and wz comms by the time you hit 50. the 1000 each of the comms buys 5 bags, so you should be opening 6 bags the moment you hit 50.

They lowered the chance of tokens dropping, but out of the 6 bags you're guaranteed 90 centurion comms and 42 champion comms.

Yes and yes. What you basically want to do is buy 1 Champ Bag that you can't open yet, and have 1000 merc and wz comms by the time you hit 50. the 1000 each of the comms buys 5 bags, so you should be opening 6 bags the moment you hit 50.

They lowered the chance of tokens dropping, but out of the 6 bags you're guaranteed 90 centurion comms and 42 champion comms.

Sweet. Thank you for the help!