Every Bioware Employee Should Read this article

justregularjoe

1) Faction imbalance is something that WE as players control not the devs players take a dim view of being forced to play a faction tey do not want to. Forcing faction on a server could conceivably split guilds and perhaps over time cost players.

2) New material before bug fixes is something that has been discussed and explained many many times by many many devs in different games. The people that work on new content are not the same people who work on bugs and so do not take from one another,

3) Class balance is a pretty sticky thing and I wish that at some point in time they could simply split pvp away from the pve aspects of the game ( somewhat like GW) so that one does not impact in any manner on the other. I mean in a graphical version of rock paper scissors some class is always going to get the fuzzy end of the lollipop.

4) Server pop i suppose ties in a little with Faction imbalance but because the way the servers are set up population can be a little misleading especially when players assume that player sub numbers should equal number of players playing at once which common sense would dictate is impossible. Current estimates give a sub rate of 1.7 million which when spread out between the servers comes to just under 8000 players per server, 4000 per faction if things were spread out evenly which of course they are not. Throw in the estimate that maybe only 20-25% play at one during peak and you end up with 1600-2000 per server and half that again per faction, assuming players were spread out evenly which they are not.

There are issues that need to be addressed and are being addressed but we as players need to understand that not everthing can be fixed at a snap of the fingers especially if you take into consideration how fixing one item could bug another.. Severe bugs take time.

I pretty much agree with everything WiskeyJax says, but I do agree that the Imperials have the better looking characters, plus bounty hunters. The Republic side doesn't match that.

I think the developers could balance that in a minute by giving the republic side a really cool character option. Mon Calimari, maybe.

It's not Free to play it's Buy to play. You buy the game and expansions and look at other F2P games just because they are free doesn't mean they have milliond on unique uses and active players. Also it not having a subscription is besides the point.

Actually that's precisely the point. The reason for it's success is not "only having endgame". If it had a subscription it wouldn't be as successful. True not all f2p games have millions of players but some have. Even an insane grindfest like silkroad online has about 150k concurrent users at peak time. And that's a current statistic for only the international servers.

meh, comparing WAR and TOR is stupid.

WARs main purpose was PvP with PvE thrown in as a sort of small bonus

TORs main purpose is PvE with PvP thrown in as a sort of small bonus

so ofc, when WAR failed to deliver balanced PvP people left in droves cause after all, PvP is why ppl played that game.

Now with TOR its the other way round, if you play this game because you think its PvP centric your doing something wrong cause frankly, it isnt.

PvP is just a filler for the gaps between FPs & OPs.

So even with bad PvP TOR will be vastly more successfull then WAR, and the Numbers that BW/EA released about subs speak for themselves.

Patch 1.3 notes: The New Gaming Experience

Patch 1.4 notes: Combat Upgrade

If there is one thing obvious, it is that the developers do not work well under pressure or their management has no real direction.

At least I don't have to click Sprint again when I wake up from my toolbar induces seizure.

That's the only good thing in their patch lol

The rest is crzap

This article is something to ponder on. While class balance is relatively tolerable, there are a lot of issues that need fixing.I welcome the fact that they are addressing crafting in 1.2 - let's hope it becomes relevant.

Still, interface is buggy and slow (massive FPS drops when you open inventory, summon\unsummon a companion, open a crew window, etc - what's up with that) Ilum desperately needs help, and endgame (esp. hardmode raids) needs to stop giving off the feeling that we're playing a Beta version.

Hello everyone!

We ask that threads in the General Discussion forum pertain to discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. While we understand that many care deeply about the game's success, this thread is focused on discussion of another game, and so we will be closing this thread for being off topic. Thank you for your understanding.