Mobile Security Key

Orazzal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they going to come out with an iPad compatible security key?

Using this regularly on my iPod Touch - this is one I wouldn't care if it I needed to run it on the iPad and it's universal. After setup, you don't enter an data or anything like that, you just launch the app, click the big area for a key, and see the numbers while you type them in.

• 1 month later...

Just a thought.

There are some of us that own neither a tablet nor a smart phone. That leaves us with our computers. Since there is no physical security kay, how are those of us who have neither Apple or related Android devices able to obtain a security key that would work with our W7 software. Thanks for listening.

Just a thought.

There are some of us that own neither a tablet nor a smart phone. That leaves us with our computers. Since there is no physical security kay, how are those of us who have neither Apple or related Android devices able to obtain a security key that would work with our W7 software. Thanks for listening.

This is a good point.

A Windows gadget security key seems like an obvious thing to have.

Just a thought.

While I agree with you in principle - Windows seems like an obvious potential 3rd platform for the sec key - could you not just use an Android emulator? I've used Bluestacks to run some Android apps in the past; it isn't perfect but overall it's pretty solid. I haven't tried it with the SWTOR sec key app, but surely someone around here has.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I remember having no issues at all setting up my Mobile Security key which i downloaded for free from Android App store. After downloading and installing it in my android phone the key app said i need to go to swtor website, log in and under the securitu key section get a code, then i used that code on app key while both are connected to the net. Tried to help 2 friends get their Mobile Security app to their phone but it has changed to very confusing with not much info about what is done wrong/right. So this thread says its either using IE browser or be a subscriper to get the Mobile Security key working. They should make this more open about so people get it fast.

I remember having no issues at all setting up my Mobile Security key which i downloaded for free from Android App store. After downloading and installing it in my android phone the key app said i need to go to swtor website, log in and under the securitu key section get a code, then i used that code on app key while both are connected to the net. Tried to help 2 friends get their Mobile Security app to their phone but it has changed to very confusing with not much info about what is done wrong/right. So this thread says its either using IE browser or be a subscriper to get the Mobile Security key working. They should make this more open about so people get it fast.

Thread gets Necro'ed twice. That's gotta be some serious black magic there.

Please for the love of GOD look at last post date before posting on a topic this is over 6 months old!!

• 1 month later...
here's something some1 that got it to work said but it makes no sense to me

The app works great; it's the SWTOR website that's having issues.

1. Download app

2. Login to SWTOR.com on your computer

3. Go to the security key page

4. If you don't see a serial number and confirmation code, or if it's asking your FOR those, hit refresh a few times until the codes show up

5. Type your serial into the app and press OK

6. On the next page, type the confirmation code into the activation code box on the app and press OK

7. Type in the security code from your app into the box on your account web page and click save

this works!!!