Combat Error Text Turned Off

Shalymar

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little surprised we haven’t heard anything about this yet. Under the Flying text UI settings you can turn on and off all kinds of features. Why this hasn’t been addressed yet is a little discouraging. It is very difficult especially in PvP to see what your opponent is doing because you cannot see them with the wall of Red Text Spamming Down the Center of Your Screen! :confused:

Here is a copy of the in-game ticket response I got back after a week.

Message body

Greetings _____,

I am Protocol Droid W3-S6 of Human-Cyborg Relations...

I have received your transmission regarding red error texts,

Thank you for sending us suggestions regarding the red error texts on screen, Unfortunately this is already a default game mechanic and we cannot interfere with it. We truly apologize for the inconvinience this may have caused you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid W3-S6 aka Francis

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

We would love to hear your feedback on our Customer Service and invite you to fill out the following survey which will help us to continually improve our support!

https://www.research.net/s/TOREN?c=2661364

Unfortunately this is already a default game mechanic and we cannot interfere with it.

thats realy comforing... So does that mean that everything that is in the game as a default cant be edited? If so then they realy made it hard to upgrade the game...

Message body

Greetings _____,

Thank you for sending us suggestions regarding the red error texts on screen, Unfortunately this is already a default game mechanic and we cannot interfere with it. We truly apologize for the inconvinience this may have caused you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Sincerely,

We would love to hear your feedback on our Customer Service and invite you to fill out the following survey which will help us to continually improve our support!

Awsome...

I wouldn't trust anything support responds to tickets with. If anything we've learned they don't have a clue what's going on, and in-game support is basically useless. Until someone from the community team responds I wouldn't give any merit to that message.

There have been lots of instances of support saying something and devs/community guys coming back and saying "They were wrong."

I'm also hoping we get a way to turn this off, it can be pretty annoying if you're trying to play the game without staring at your ability bar the whole fight.

Message body

Greetings _____,

Sincerely,

I am not sure if "we" in this case means customer support or whole Bioware. It seems highly unlikely bioware couldnt make an option for it in the preferences menu.

Bump! We need this very bad...

Also, you h4xX0rs, get on this!

Unfortunately there's only one .ini file and it only contains:

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------//

// WARNING: ** DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE ** //

// Making any changes to this document will result in the corruption of //

// your install and will require the use of the repair utility. //

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------//

[Renderer]

Width=1152

Height=864

WindowX=-1

WindowY=-1

FullScreen=true

doShadows=true

[Repository]

BaseResourceFileName=..\..\Assets\swtor_

Then there are two .settings file but they are useless. :(

Please make an option to turn these Error Messages off like other popular games have.

Please. This is my #1 problem with this game. Some classes/abilities are meant to be spammed.

SEEING THIS IS NOT ENJOYABLE TO CUSTOMERS:

OUT OF RANGE

INSUFFICIENT FOCUS

OUT OF RANGE

INSUFFICIENT FOCUS

NOT READY YET

NOT READY YET

OUT OF RANGE

OUT OF RANGE

OUT OF RANGE

INSUFFICIENT FOCUS

OUT OF RANGE