Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Help me decide !

Shogunjedi

Scoundrel or Powertech?

Scoundrel was my first pick since i liked rogues for pvp, but smuggler just doesnt feel rogueish enough for me. Not enough burst and stunlocks , sinlge target damage is great but very squishy . Stealth is very nice , but lacking stealth bar and having only one opener (as of level 30 i dont have it yet) making this class feel unfinished and very squishy , especially when getting focus fired.

My PT is only level 16 , but i watch some videos and i must say that grapple hook , huge crits on Fire damage abilities and better damage mitigation look promising , as well as ability to detaunt and guard ( playing as dps for now but that can change at any moment) The only down side is not being able to stealth.

I am planning to pvp at 50 , please let me know what u think.

Ty for reading.

Powertechs are tanks. Tanks just dont have much use in PvP to the extent DPS, healing or stealth does.

Scoundrel is a decent choice, but if you are looking for "rouge-like", then Id recommend a Shadow or Sentinel, depending on whether you want to sacrifice some DPS for stealth.

*EDIT* Just realized PT is Empire. The Republic equivalent is the Vanguard...

Edited by DarthArcon

How big was the nerf?

20% less armor pen on Fletchette round and 1.5 sec stun instead of 3 sec stun?

Also i thought that Powertechs had dps specs, pve as well as PVP , i am i wrong?

20% less armor pen on all attacks (fletchette just triggered it) makes killing anyone with medium/heavy armor impossible, you can still kill a sorc if u can catch them without their bubble though.

Go PT, Pyro spec, massive damage, heavy armor.

20% less armor pen on all attacks (fletchette just triggered it) makes killing anyone with medium/heavy armor impossible, you can still kill a sorc if u can catch them without their bubble though.

Guess no love for scoundrel. Was hoping it gets better after 30.

About pyro spec , i noticed that other spec has some decent speed buffs and heat venting,

tank spec looks pretty fun too, and the only benefit i see from pyro spec is Extra dot added to Flame burst that slows down opponent by 50%.

Also what is the fastest way to get medals , scoring damage and kills or guarding and detaunting enemies?

You can still kill a Sorc regardless of their small bubble or not. It usually can be fully absorbed in 1 GCD.

I have a PT in 40s, OP at high 30s. I'd choose the PT, if I had to pick just one.

Having said that, Operative is not without its charm, just a different playstyle. I just feel with Grapple and possibly Jet Jump the PT brings more to the table in Warzones than Operative.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.