Tzerk

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just waiting on GW2 here.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/guild-wars-2-mass-info-t25557.html

Message me if you want to see some nice PvP videos. That thread I linked has a ton of info.

Not knocking GW2 at all but I dont even want to read through all of that.

SWTOR is my second MMO (champions online) never played WoW. You are going to get GW2 regardless most people on SWTOR forums screaming GW2 are going to get it regardless or at least do the beta. Nothing wrong with competition but in no way is that long thread inviting to someone new or somewhat new to the genre.

People on these boards have a hard time reading who do you think is gonna read that outside of someone hardcore?

Edited by Rasheth

Not knocking GW2 at all but I dont even want to read through all of that. SWTOR is my second MMO (champions online) never played WoW. You are going to get GW2 regardless most people on SWTOR forums screaming GW2 are going to get it regardless or at least do the beta. Nothing wrong with competition but in no way is that long thread inviting to someone new or somewhat new to the genre.

People on these boards have a hard time reading who do you think is gonna read that outside of someone hardcore?

Did you play Champion online when Sallamander played?

El Monstruo Contando

Praenuntius

Sally

Better instanced PVP: Warhammer

Better open world PVP: Warhammer

Better population balance: Warhammer

Better character balance: SWTOR

Better overall PVP: Warhammer

Mythic > Bioware

Bioware == Mythic

Therefore both < Toilet.

Waiting on GW2.

I had high hopes for this game, but it's just getting stale. Customer service is terrible, and very little communication is given about huge game issues. (patch 1.1 for example)

All this GW2 talk

Youtube search Guild Wars 2 most viewed video 979,613 (9 months ago)

Youtube search SWTOR Most viewed video 8,000,000+ (1 year ago) 2,000,000 for video 7 month ago.

Sorry the buzz just isnt pumping like that for GW2. I'm not hating on it I'll probably try it myself it looks interesting. For GW2 scale yes its got buzz compared to SWTOR no buzz. The people that keep posting here about know about the game. The rest of the pop is playing SWTOR.

Yeah. I'm not enitrely sure what huttball is, but I am sure it isnt PvP.

The other 2 warzones are instanced quckie PvP, which is itself not the kind of PvP that many are looking for, but it is PvP

Huttball, however, is a long way from PvP. The main strat and goal of Huttball, is not to kill oppponents, but to CC them while your teammates pull each other all over the arena and across the goal line. It is entirely possible, and even sometimes advantageous, to win huttball without killing a single opponent.

That, Bioware, is NOT PvP.

Picking up armaments in illum is NOT PvP. Kill-trade farming...especially in large ops groups, is NOT PvP. Rewarding such things, make it nearly impossible for those of us who do want to PvP, to actually find it.

This!

If I want to play sports games I know where to find them.

I want a Star Wars game with real PvP.

Did you play Champion online when Sallamander played?

El Monstruo Contando

Praenuntius

Sally

Sorry was long time ago. I played strong for 3 months then stopped. I liked the pvp in there too. It was min/maxed and balancing nightmare for the devs. People harp on this holy trinity that GW2 doesnt have. Champions online didnt have a holy trinity either you could have any skill you desired in the game pretty much. In the end what did everyone pick? The same combination i.e. the best. While it wasnt a game design that forced you to pick those it was a competitive pressure if you wanted to compete you had to use those skills for the most part.

Edited by Rasheth