The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Leveling PVP - ST, AP, or Pyro First?

onethreeone

Hello all-

I have an SI main that is pretty easy to PVP with, and decided to come over to PT a) for a melee-ish fighter, b) because not many Empire players go tank-y, and c) bounty hunters are cool.

With that being said, I'm only interested in running class quests, space combat, and PVP. I will mainly be doing PVP, starting at level 14 with sprint. I've been researching a lot of the PVP builds, but I was looking for advice on what works well in the very low levels (sub-30).

Should I:

Essentially, the question becomes which tree gives you the most bang for the buck with only 1 to 20 talent points?

Hybrid Specs don't really pay off till 40-50. Reason being that if you put points into one tree, then a few other points into another tree, at level 20 there's a good chance you'll be missing out on a trees 'signature' ability, i.e Retractable blade for AP and incendiary missile for pyro.

It's even worse for BHs/Troopers, since HIB/Railshot does the most up front damage of your abilities at lower levels and that level 20 ability is what opens up the use of railshot without having to rely on dumb luck.

That said, the full pyro tree is probably your best bet.

So, hit level 15 and did some PVP - pretty consistently hit around 175k damage and 10-30k protection in Huttball, depending on how well people played as a team (solo queue).

Pretty ridiculous, considering I'm in questing gear and don't have the majority of my skills yet. Oh, and I'm in the defensive stance most of the time so that I can use guard, so most of my talent points are wasted with not using the damage stance.