The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Carolina Parakeet Rotation / lvl 50 / .... PvP plz

Foxtrotniner

I'd say (and correct me if I'm wrong)

Incendiary Missile > Flame Burst > Rail Shot > Rocket Punch > (If Railshot Reset, Railshot, otherwise Flame Burst).

You are wrong, but because you've got the cylinder wrong. In PvP you'll be running Ion so Flame Burst is only after everything else (since you aren't worried about applying its DoT). The spec doesn't really run a rotation, but a Priority system:

Incendiary Missile (if the target merits having one and the DoT is not present)

Rail Shot

Rocket Punch

Flame Burst

Explosive Dart

Unload

Rapid Shots

So, start at the top of the list and go down. The tripping point there is that Explosive Dart and Unload should only be done at ranges exceeding 10m either when Jet Charge/Grapple are on CD or when you are saving them for an upcoming interrupt (alternatively it can be used in the rare situations where the tiny bit of extra burst matters). Rapid Shots is done to avoid blowing too much Heat or to apply the Ion snare while closing (which it does fairly reliably).

Not all targets will merit an Incin Missile. If they'll die before the DoT runs its course then it is a waste of Heat. You wont be refunding 8 Heat on Rail Shots, but they'll still be free. Which targets "deserve" an Incendiary Missile depends a lot on your personal gear level and the quality of targets, anymore I only use it on targets at range, decent healers, and tanks I wont be able to crack in less than 20 seconds since everything else I kill fast enough not to worry about it.

Get over using Vent Heat as an "oopsie button." You're level 50 and a big boy now. Vent Heat is the spec's aggressive DPS cooldown. When somebody absolutely has to die unload everything you have following the above priority until you red line your heat, then Vent. Chances are it'll be dead before you hit more than 60 heat if your gear is respectable, but this is the mindset you have to get into with Vent Heat. Works wonders paired with Explosive Fuel. Open with EF, burn with everything you've got, close with VH.

Depending on the situation you can usually go right down the priority system without faults in practical pvp situations (utilizing your teammates DoTs and control effects for your first Rail Shot), you will occasionally have to blow your first Rocket Punch to trigger your first Rail Shot however (assuming the target isn't worth the IM).

Edited by chainsawsamurai

Eventually when people figure out that combustable is better for this spec in pvp than ion the rotation will be:

Incindiary > Railshot (while closing the distance, also you want to maximize procs on railshot when you...) > Flame burst > Rocket Punch > Flameburst X10000.

After this initial rotation incindiary whenever the dot drops, rocket punch when it's off cooldown and above all ALWAYS railshot whenever it's up (even in your opener). That takes priority always.

Use sticky dart to time big burst when you feel like you're going to need it, but as far as a standard rotation goes this seems to be the best way to get the damage rolling on opener.

If you're rolling with a premade and you're the only tank then you'll want to run ion, but if you plan on being a tank there are better specs out there than this one.

Eventually when people figure out that combustable is better for this spec in pvp than ion the rotation will be:

This is bs.

Ion gives extra shieldchance, this gives more chance to vent heat and reset rocketpunch, rocketpunch in exchange can reset and make your railshot free cost. The synergy is so good that you almost never have to use your basic attack, this increases your dps output immensely.

This is stuff you'll be spamming, everything else is situational(like opening up with incendiary or explosive dart).

Rail shot

Rocket Punch

Flameburst

You can use the "next ability is free"-ability (forgot the name) to use death from above and incendiary missile when your heat is getting a bit high.

Edited by Sharangir