A couple Combat Medic changes to request

Pulpp

These changes are based on my experiences with the class, primarily in pvp. If you disagree these are good changes, feel free to pipe up with why (and these changes obviously should be reflected for Mercs where applicable):

1) Get rid of the Hammershot animation. It's arguable that healing hammershot is rarely useful in pvp, but for the times it is, the animation is an actual detriment. It's a big flag to the other team -- KILL ME FIRST PLS! No reason not to change this.

2) Allow Trauma Probe to be cast on more than one player. This is our precast HoT and not only is it not AoE, it is limited to a single target. For it's low heal capacity, that doesn't make a lot of sense. I would even support a 1 ammo cost to offset in-combat spamming.

3) Kolto Bomb, remove the 3 ally limit. Shrink the AoE to 4-5m if you must, but the 3 limit really hurts CMs AoE healing outside of pve -- which is already pretty limited. (note: I also support removing the Kolto Cloud limit for scoundrels).

Force healer utility greatly trumps CM/Sawbones because they operate without the ally caps. I am not asking that CMs get the same level of healing, but allowing multiple TPs and removing the cap on the Bomb would really help CMs compete in the same role.

I agree with 1, but disagree with 2 and 3

Having AMP on multiple targets would be overpowered, and would come with the assumption that we're going to keep it up on all groupmates at all times which is tedious and not really useful. For single target healing it's an extremely good spell, but it's not a HOT to use after a groupmate takes damage, they will still need healing. It's a buffer to put on the person you're currently healing so that they don't die before you can cast your AMP/MP combo, as well as being more EHP for the tank.

Kolto bomb already has enough utility that it doesn't need a huge buff. I don't think it's meant to be a spammable AOE heal so much as it's supposed to be our synergy spell that makes operatives and sages love having us in the raid. With SCC up we're already giving improved healing, hots, and improved armor and damage reduction to multiple people essentially for free. Turning kolto bomb into a reliable AOE heal means we would need SCC less often, which I don't think is the intention; nor is it balanced. That's not to say I wouldn't love to see some changes to kolto bomb, but I'd like them to change the targeting(maybe like the wow priest circle of healing) or the utility, like maybe your hammershot chains to any allies with kolto residue on them.

What I'd really like to see is a counter to the Brez other classes get, like putting a guardian angel mechanic on Trauma probe. Like if whoever has your trauma probe takes a hit that would kill them, they get healed for like 5k health but that can only proc in a raid once every 5-10 minutes or so.

I think 1) is universally agreed on. While not a problem in PvE, it makes HS unusable in PvP, which reduces SCC uptime, which reduces both healing and DPS.

2) It isn't a HoT, it's a reactive heal. These are different things, and a RH is far more useful than a HoT because HoTs often apply most of their healing when it isn't needed and have a fixed duration. TP lasts a long time, and only uses a charge when damage is taken.

3) KB needs some love, in particular it needs to smart heal and heal 4 targets. It also should have the radius greatly increases, so we can hit our whole group in flash-points. All healers should be balanced to work alone in FPs, and allow for differences and synergies in Ops. If we are running with a Scoundrel in an Op, they can heal the 4 ranged while we heal...the tank and two closest and someone gets screwed. Increasing it to 4 lets 2 healers cover an 8 man Op in AoE. We don't need unlimited, just 4 to give us solo FP parity and acceptable Op AoE. Of course, 16 man will still give Sage a huge advantage, but with the larger group, odds are good you will have a Sage, assign them that role, problem solved.

What I'd really like to see is a counter to the Brez other classes get, like putting a guardian angel mechanic on Trauma probe. Like if whoever has your trauma probe takes a hit that would kill them, they get healed for like 5k health but that can only proc in a raid once every 5-10 minutes or so.

Excellent idea. If we can't bring a player back, give us a tool to keep them from leaving in the first place. I'd recommend a shorter cooldown, because it takes more skill to predict and react to the impending death than it takes to go "Yup, dead, let me get on that in a moment when I can."