Mercenary Bug- Arsenal Spec Tree

BudKnight

Heat reduction skills muzzle fluting and upgraded arsenal are bugged.

Submitted a bug report with the in game trouble ticket a few days ago concerning this with no response and submitted another trouble ticket today. I skimmed over forums to see if there was any mention of this but could not find it. To summarize:

Muzzle fluting-does not register the 9 points of heat reduction to power shot or tracer missle.

Upgraded Arsenal- does not register the 8 points of heat reduction to rail shot while High Velocity Gas Cylinder is active

Just bringing this to your attention. Thanks.

Edited by BudKnight

Hey Bud, I actually submitted a ticket that's related to this a week ago myself.

I've noticed that the Upgraded Arsenal talent isn't registering the extra 3% crit bonus when I have Combat Support Cylinder active. Regardless of whether or not I have that cylinder active, my crit percentage stays the same. It's possible that the percentage is being calculated and not displayed I guess, but I actually tried respeccing the other day, didn't pick up Upgraded Arsenal, and my crit percentage stayed the same. I've been wondering if anyone else picked up on this. Has anyone else noticed this?

Hey Bud, I actually submitted a ticket that's related to this a week ago myself.

I've noticed that the Upgraded Arsenal talent isn't registering the extra 3% crit bonus when I have Combat Support Cylinder active. Regardless of whether or not I have that cylinder active, my crit percentage stays the same. It's possible that the percentage is being calculated and not displayed I guess, but I actually tried respeccing the other day, didn't pick up Upgraded Arsenal, and my crit percentage stayed the same. I've been wondering if anyone else picked up on this. Has anyone else noticed this?

It works for me. Make sure you are looking at tech crit, not ranged crit percentage. It's only for tech crit, and ranged is default when you pull up your character screen. So you need to change the pulldown in your character screen. When I switch cylinders I can see it change (high velocity does not get the crit percentage increase, so switch between that one and another one).

Edited by McGarnagle

To the op. I get the reductions. With the PVE set piece bonus my heat is very manageable. I tried it with everything off and the amount of heat generated is crazy. I might get off a few shots and it's maxed. With all the heat reductions I can get through all the flashpoint bosses with only using vent heat once and almost never using rapid shots. Some of the raid bosses I still need to watch my heat a little bit. Of course it all depends on crits, so it's variable, but that is true for the most part. Edited by McGarnagle

Yeah I didnt know if it was not registering at all or if it just was not displaying on the skill description.

But I have a commando and I specced in the same tree and the skill actually displays the changes to energy cell consumption (commandos ability usage requirement). So I was taking the safe route and just reporting it because either way the ability tooltip should be showing the difference.

That is good to know that the effects of the skill points are in use just not being displayed though. I just started mercenary to the point of getting tracer missle and not having those heat management points would have made that class tree very heat inefficient.

Edited by BudKnight