Tips for a newbie

Shockey

I guess you could consider me a newbie. This is my first MMORPG and I've been playing for the last month. I already have a lvl 35 Jedi Sage healer and I decided to make my second character, a trooper. I would like to make this a DPS Commando.

I play on a PvE server, so PvP isnt a big deal to me. I prefer the stories and quests. What would be a good build for a DPS commando, like skill tree and stat wise? Any advice or tips are appreciated. Thanks! :)

Edited by Shockey

Ruling out Combat Medic, there are two schools of thought.

Gunnery is a more Turret (Stand and shoot) based style of play and Assault is a more mobile (Run and Gun) style of play. So if you have a preference for one or the other, then that would be the skill tree you want.

Combat medic is a bit of a different beast. You still get the same dmg for trooper attacks, but you get the whole healing aspect. I know you said you have a sage so you might not want to try another healer, although, the healing mechanic (from what I've heard) for Combat Medic is very different than sage. There is not AoE healing as much.

I played a lot of FPS, this is also my first MMO, so I chose Assault to maintain some semblence of that game play. As far as which is better and all that malarky, it all comes down to preference.

Well, since this is your first MMO and you are not into PvPing....

... actuallly I was going to say to try gunnery, but, this is not a permanent decision like AC, so give it a try, and then switch to the other tree, and see what's more to your liking =)