Doing Laps on the Fleet. Just like in Orgrimmar. Gave this game a shot.

jlamb

Leveling game was good fun, actually could die during it, grouping in a pair made sense for the first time in ages in an MMO.

But end game is even worse than WoW. I don't want to grind PvP gear or raid, I didn't quit WoW to play a crappier version of WoW. Need some unique ideas and content types.

(also need to get rid of PvP gear and just offer unique rewards and let people have fun)

Also put in sidekicking and keep expanding upon legacy since leveling is really all there is currently.

Just put in some sandboxy stuff, too. I'm all for gear mongering and occasional bursts of the ol' end game theme park but it won't work for most of us after so many years of WoW. Look at arena.net and how they're approaching things, Some very smart stuff there.

Great great potential.

Unfortunately a big let down.

I, like many, have been in denial this whole time. Telling myself its going to get better.

It hasn't and the signs are not promising.

1-49 was a great experience so i'm thankful for that.

Grinding huttball all day is not my idea of fun. Going to wait for Guild Wars II and D3.

I honestly hope this game does better and I will consider coming back. As for everyone else, I actually hope you enjoy playing this game and best wishes to everyone and the game.

You know what? I like you.

Why? Because you respond to rude people with a measure of kindness and attempt to calmly answer their questions. You also respond with a lot of wisdom, which is rarely (IF EVER) seen here, let alone the world.

It does NOT go un-missed by me.

What this says about you: VOLUMES. You, sir, are a decent human being and deserved of respect. My hats off to you, and may your outstanding personality carry you far in this life and head+shoulders above everyone else.

Edited by StrikeOfLight

Leveling game was good fun, actually could die during it, grouping in a pair made sense for the first time in ages in an MMO.

But end game is even worse than WoW. I don't want to grind PvP gear or raid, I didn't quit WoW to play a crappier version of WoW. Need some unique ideas and content types.

(also need to get rid of PvP gear and just offer unique rewards and let people have fun)

Also put in sidekicking and keep expanding upon legacy since leveling is really all there is currently.

Just put in some sandboxy stuff, too. I'm all for gear mongering and occasional bursts of the ol' end game theme park but it won't work for most of us after so many years of WoW. Look at arena.net and how they're approaching things, Some very smart stuff there.

People forget SO fast. WoW also had little to no end game to talk of at this age. Rather sure in 6 years TOR will have 2x the endgame wow has now.

^ This

As many have mentioned, in this post and multiple other posts.... the journey from 1-49 was fanatastic, full bioware effect, but with ALL honesty, I actually found that taking a nice 10min dump was more exciting and productive then 1-2 days in the end game.

So you might ask yourself.... "How is this end game bad and others like WoW and Rift good?", its hard to put a finger on, but they just ARE. In SWTOR the end game feels like a pure chore, the item progression is never jaw dropping, and the amount of content feels very limited.

Yes, I know WoW and Rift were similar in end game when first released, BUT that was years ago. If SWTOR wants to copy the end game of North American MMO's it needs to be at the standard they are presently. NOT 2-4 years ago.

SWTOR, if it survives might be a fantastic game 6-9 months later, but for now you will find yourself doing Laps on the fleets.

What you fail to realize is this is 2012, not 2004. You can't compare WoW at release with SWTOR now. The MMO market is completely different now. The EQ grinders no longer dominate the western MMO market. There needs to be something else. BW needs to understand they aren't competing with WoW-2004. They are competing with WoW-2012 and Rift and Guild Wars 2, etc. The MMO landscape has changed. If BW wants to keep subs going, they need to execute on a better end game strategy than they have shown so far.

Sorry to tell you the MMO market has not changed since 2004. Only thing that changes is graphics not a launch.

What you fail to realize is this is 2012, not 2004. You can't compare WoW at release with SWTOR now.

As usual, you missed his point completely. Maybe go back and re-read.

His point was that no MMO releases with strong end game content. End game content comes in future patching, always.

Now, six months from now, depending on Bioware, maybe....MAYBE you can complain about a lack of patch content. But you are going to have to postpone your rant until then.

Predictave negative ranting about an MMO, any MMO, is both pointless and silly.

Sorry to tell you the MMO market has not changed since 2004. Only thing that changes is graphics not a launch.

That is why there are only TWO dominating mmo games. WoW and Rift.

That is also why the NA mmo market has such a small impact on the gaming industry.

I agree with you, but I hope you do realize that the NA mmo market needs to change if it wants successful mmos.

As usual, you missed his point completely. Maybe go back and re-read.

His point was that no MMO releases with strong end game content. End game content comes in future patching, always.

Now, six months from now, depending on Bioware, maybe....MAYBE you can complain about a lack of patch content. But you are going to have to postpone your rant until then.

Predictave negative ranting about an MMO, any MMO, is both pointless and silly.

There is no terms of agreement or rule that states mmos NEED end game content after release.

If SWTOR wants to be a successful MMO in 2012, it NEEDS to be unique on its own. There isn't enough room at the top of the NA mmo industry for it, if it follows the content updating formula of WoW/Rift.

Why? Because those games had YEARS of advantage over SWTOR. SWTOR will simply be lacking behind.

WoW at launch, had ONE raid. Molten Core.

It had "15 man raids" that were really just 5 man zones then they tacked on harder bosses in a different wing for Blackrock Spire to be a "raid". Oh and Scholomance was a "raid".

WoW at launch had no real pvp, and some classes were so broken, they bordered on masochistic to level. (see Paladin: there's a reason why RetLOL was coined and shaman: frostshock anyone?)

That being said, it had a lot going for it at the time it came out and you could see it's potential.

ToR also has plenty of potential and only time will tell if it will be an even bigger juggernaut.

In terms of urgent issues and customer service the response has been...underwhelming.

Of course I can always resub, maybe the next content patch will be really good, who knows!

As of now, at this point in time, the game is not worth a subscription. But if / when it improves i would consider coming back because i did enjoy it up to 50.

You should buy a new computer and try again.

That's cool, I may even follow you-- who knows? I usually give MMORPGs a good six months to a year before expecting much, though I do like to be around at launch just for the newness.

agreed I wait 6 months before calling a game failed

Hi there!

While we welcome all feedback, positive and negative, there is little room for constructive discussion in reply to this topic. For suggestions on how to improve this game, please feel free and encouraged to post your ideas in a new thread in the Suggestions Forum

Also, the following threads are available for the sharing of suggestions and/or noting of bugs/issues.

The Suggestion Compilation Thread - Regularly updated!

Ultimate Bug List

For guidance on how to provide constructive feedback, please visit Allison Berryman's thread on that topic available here.

Thanks!