The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why Defense fails for PvP

Zarcharias

I have noticed this issue in the past, but did not think much of it until yesterday.

I decided I should probably have Biochem, so I started my crew skills over and went-farming.

Part of that process involved killing lots of silver-star monster types on lower level planets.

1.) throw grenade

2.) storm

3.) SS

4.) try to use any other ability but I can't because I am too busy dodging attacks.

The fact that the defense/dodge animation prevents/interrupts the use of attacks was something that I had heard about and thought I had experienced... Now I KNOW I have experienced it.

I tested it with hammer shot. In 1 encounter, I dodged 7 attacks in row while spamming my hammershot key and not firing a single blaster bolt.

So.. I really do not want to dodge

I would love to shield, but I cant so I dont bother.

This QQ post has been brought to you today by the letter F, the letter U and the number 2. Ty BW, I love my vanguard anyhow.

For me I am a flexed player. I have enough points in Shield to get what I want out of the tree. Especially for Guard. And a lot of points into Assault. I like where I stand with some Flat mitigation, and the ability to guard others while dropping damage on people all whilly-nilly. I'm still not as tanky as a heavier spec'd Shield Vanguard, but it works for me.

Heh, I'm not talking about any given spec really. I am talking about DEFENSE... the evasion mechanic that checks vs accuracy. we get 5% base for this stat.

unfortunately our animation interrupts our abilities.

I should have my GF try on her sage. they get 10% base. I wonder if she can dodge and cast at the same time or not.

Heh, I'm not talking about any given spec really. I am talking about DEFENSE... the evasion mechanic that checks vs accuracy. we get 5% base for this stat.

unfortunately our animation interrupts our abilities.

I should have my GF try on her sage. they get 10% base. I wonder if she can dodge and cast at the same time or not.

OHHHH. That stat is relatively a "ITS A TRAP!" situation right now. People have completely rebuilt their gear because of it. With how it totally ruins our skills.

Should have her check it out and report back. Because it would be horrendous to be the only ones effected by it. :S

Seems to be a trooper only problem again.

Speaking as a PT bounty hunter speeced into Shield-Tech, I never ran accross that problem so far, and i've farmed low level heroic quests for some orange gear, meaning a lot of dodging stuff.

edit: just checked our animation, since we're using a single pistol, we just kinda lead back with our left shoulder while holding the pistol level with our right hand, i.e. still pointing it at the enemy to shoot.

my best guess is, since you guys are using rifles you take your second hand of the rifle to dodge (in a similar fasion to us) and the animation probably doesn't allow for firing an assault rifle with only one hand...(sounds like driving school: "both hands on the the wheel/gun...at all times !" xD)

Edited by Thoinar