Darth Maul Returns?

AetosV

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Grievous can be a head and lungs encased in a robotic body, I can accept that Maul comes back from being a paraplegic with some cyborg legs. I don't know what kind of stasis (paralyzing fear) and levitation (unsuccumbing anger) he might has kicked in to save himself and I'm not sure the movie definitively wrote that off with a final splat.

In a world with incredible scientific advances AND some mystical Force mumbo jumbo, you can really write anything off.

My official guess, he has died, Sidius gathered up the remains on naboo and used his connections with the CIS to begin his test project for grievious using maul's well preserved and perfect body as a Testing platform for the project. However having died and being re-animated has caused him to go insane from the conflict of the force and his midichlorians resulting in a Cloning echo effect.

Talzan has used her dathomiri sorcery to literally call back his soul into the amulet and reconnect maul to his body. however i believe that at some point this will all fail and Opress will be forced to kill Maul-borg to save himself conflicting with darh maul and forcing him to enter Opress's body uniting the two together ala Bane/Zannah stlye where both will have their revenge on everyone that used and betrayed them.

I'm calling it right here, Maul with have grievous like lower half, be Clone Echo Crazy, and be revealed to be hidden on a CIS abandoned lab.

I Imagine that either he died from his injuries on naboo, or lived by using the force to sustain himself long enough for Palpatine to rescue him, who upon inspection saw no use in a half sith assassin who lost half his potential in midichlorians. Having already committed to anakin as his real apprentice he kills maul or lies to him and gives his body to the CIS to experiment on leading to his madness.

Much like the EU on Grievous i imagine they attempted to use maul as testing platform for understanding Cybernetics and Midichlorian relationship. Kind of how they knew they could use Sifo-Dyas blood to keep grievous alive and not reject his massive cybernetics.

of course i could be waaaaaay off and it be something as simple as, Darth maul survived by using his hatred ala Darth Scion, unable to die as long as he could hate. He then crawled his way out of the naboo reactor core and mind tricked the crap our of people until he was able to get away, found Gunray and forced him to graft a large amount of cybernetics to him. Having to use Hatred to stay alive or watch his body die he has become a pure crazy monster who hangs in the rim killing everything around him to sustain his life.

His brother will find him, engage him and either find a way to undo his hate sustainability and allow him to live on without it, or the talisman is capable of essence transfer and either maul takes over or unite each-other into one form created Savage Maul

• 3 weeks later...
I was just bumming around on Wookieepedia, and I saw that Darth Maul will be returning in the animated "The Clone Wars", and that he did not, in fact, die at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Is it just me, or is the Star Wars universe beginning to go downhill?

Merely a thought.

no no he did die at the hands of Obi-wan Kenobi but they ( the nightsisters) used the Force to transfer some of him from the Force into a body that was forces sensitive soo its not really him just some of his soul that didn't become one with the force which makes him come back a possessed force user. and yes i agree the star wars the clone wars is going crazy with their storyline.

People hate on anything...I believe he's been brought back twice before. People find literally ANYTHING to hate on when it comes to Star Wars.

this is like the third time they bring him back.

yeah he was rezzed by prophets of the dark side to kill vader and replace him as sidious apprentice which he failed.

2nd time some crazy made turned maul into computer ghost or something like that wanted to kill luke and failed again lol.

Edited by undeadsithdread

I agree that he didn't get enough face-time, but he got cut in half.

You don't come back from that.

That's also what Dave Filoni, director for the Clone Wars animated cartoon, said:

"I can specifically remember being in the theater during The Phantom Menace and watching Darth Maul ... split apart, and I literally thought, 'Ha ha ha, that's so no one can bring him back to life.' Because Boba Fett could come out of that sarlacc pit a hundred different times and a hundred different ways, and I bet you George never intended that to happen."

I've said it once before and I'll say it again: guess he has to eat his own words now :p

Star Wars, especially the EU, became increasingly fantasy-based despite the prequel efforts to "sci-fi it up" with talk of midichlorians and some such. And I mean, EU writers have taken pretty huge creative liberties in the past with disregarding any kind of realistic cohesiveness of plot in favor of more of a blank slate approach where anything can happen (even if the result can end up coming off as incredibly contrived). But that's part of the beauty of it. It's like a soap opera where the most popular characters always manage to come back for one last story arc... the principle is the same. It's entertaining, and I for one am looking forward to seeing how they explain and integrate Darth Maul into the story again.

Edited by fortunetek

Darth Maul survived due to his power in the darkside of the force and his wanting to take revenge on Obi-Wan. Also lightsabers cauterize wounds last I heard. The most recent trailer shows him wearing a nice set of robotic legs too so I'm guessing he picked them up somewhere soon after his tumble.

That being said, I don't know how far he fell but it looked like that shaft entered Naboo's core...

Nonetheless, I love The Clone Wars. Well written, well acted and well animated. It's like a fine whiskey that gets better with age.