Warzone Tricks, Hints, and Tips

Delavager

In Voidstar if you are a healer you can hide inside the door, a little to the right of where the attackers plant their bomb. Melee and ranged won't be able to target you with direct attacks.

This seems like it could be an exploit and I'd rather not risk getting the thread closed due to posting an exploit.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're missing two very good tricks in Voidstar. I may even regret revealing these:

Consulars/Inquisitors can force speed across the gap in the middle of Voidstar. This nearly always gets the jump on the other team if no bridge is up, plus you can grab the speed powerup at the other side to arm the wall faster. Two of these classes being stealth classes is just further icing on this trick (not sure if it can be done while stealth, the jump isn't easy).

Classes with pulls (Powertech/Vanguard and tank specced Shadows/Assassins) can pull people to their doom at the bridges in Voidstar. To do this, jump diagonally over the pit and pull someone. They will be pulled to your position (mid air over the gap) and fall to their death. This is very difficult to do, but nets a free kill if you can "pull" it off.

You're missing two very good tricks in Voidstar. I may even regret revealing these:

Consulars/Inquisitors can force speed across the gap in the middle of Voidstar. This nearly always gets the jump on the other team if no bridge is up, plus you can grab the speed powerup at the other side to arm the wall faster. Two of these classes being stealth classes is just further icing on this trick (not sure if it can be done while stealth, the jump isn't easy).

Classes with pulls (Powertech/Vanguard and tank specced Shadows/Assassins) can pull people to their doom at the bridges in Voidstar. To do this, jump diagonally over the pit and pull someone. They will be pulled to your position (mid air over the gap) and fall to their death. This is very difficult to do, but nets a free kill if you can "pull" it off.

The second one was said. That first one is amazing, I'm a shadow and had no idea. I'm glad I made this thread now cause now I'm learning a lot haha.

Thanks for the tips, that is definitely juicy information you let the community know.

Can I get reads who enjoy the post and think it's viable for newer players to help request a sticky so it stops falling off the front page. I feel more and more this will be completely useless and inaccessible if it keeps getting drowned by all the repeated discussions on Ilum and bags and win bugs. I feel this post will still be viable years to come if given a sticky and allowed to be properly updated.

Nice thread...

Here is a very important tip. I see this mistake all the time. If the ball carrier has a leap or a charge and is getting attacked on the rafters or the ground below them -- do not sit above him on a rafter attacking him. Undoubtedly this will let him leap to your position, stun you and go in for the score undefended.

Nice thread...

Here is a very important tip. I see this mistake all the time. If the ball carrier has a leap or a charge and is getting attacked on the rafters or the ground below them -- do not sit above him on a rafter attacking him. Undoubtedly this will let him leap to your position, stun you and go in for the score undefended.

This is very true and probably amongst the most annoying "oopsies" I see players make. I have done it myself a few times as it's hard to remember 'cause only a few classes can do it.

I believe this is already in the guide under the force leap trick.

Sticky Please.

This will keep falling off the front page because it more meant as a reference and less as a banter or discussion piece. The main benefit of the thread is from people reading it, and due to the mechanics of the forum, if you do not reply, then it falls off the front page in ~30 seconds.

These are more for people who haven't experienced much Huttball yet:

Bind a hotkey to Throw Huttball. If you have to click, you're going to eventually lose out a good pass due to reaction delay. I have mine as a shift+side mouse button.

You must click the ball to get it off the dais.

The Throw Huttball ability is a targeted AOE. That means you select the area you want the ball to land in. Make sure there's a friendly player in there.

Don't wait until you're in a tight spot to get rid of the ball. Watch out for teammates forward of your position. Veteran players will position themselves beyond fire traps for a quick goal.

Don't get distracted by fights that have nothing to do with the ball. This isn't deathmatch. Your team wins when it plays as a team. You will not win if half the players are engaged in worthless duels at all 4 corners of the map.

More general:

Don't be a hero. Even tank specs will get ripped apart if they rush ahead and get focused by every member of the opposite team. Stick with your teammates.

Communicate. Call incoming enemy players on Alderaan and when the enemy team is about to swarm one side on Voidstar. Before Alderaan begins, decide who is going where. The generally strategy is to send 1-2 left and let the rest focus on mid. In Voidstar, generally stealth goes one way and the rest of the players go the other.

Use your entire toolset. All classes have a variety of abilities that do more than cause damage. Learn them. Use them. You have defensive, offensive, and crowd control abilities. CC is especially invaluable.

These are more for people who haven't experienced much Huttball yet:

Bind a hotkey to Throw Huttball. If you have to click, you're going to eventually lose out a good pass due to reaction delay. I have mine as a shift+side mouse button.

You must click the ball to get it off the dais.

The Throw Huttball ability is a targeted AOE. That means you select the area you want the ball to land in. Make sure there's a friendly player in there.

Don't wait until you're in a tight spot to get rid of the ball. Watch out for teammates forward of your position. Veteran players will position themselves beyond fire traps for a quick goal.

Don't get distracted by fights that have nothing to do with the ball. This isn't deathmatch. Your team wins when it plays as a team. You will not win if half the players are engaged in worthless duels at all 4 corners of the map.

More general:

Don't be a hero. Even tank specs will get ripped apart if they rush ahead and get focused by every member of the opposite team. Stick with your teammates.

Communicate. Call incoming enemy players on Alderaan and when the enemy team is about to swarm one side on Voidstar. Before Alderaan begins, decide who is going where. The generally strategy is to send 1-2 left and let the rest focus on mid. In Voidstar, generally stealth goes one way and the rest of the players go the other.

Use your entire toolset. All classes have a variety of abilities that do more than cause damage. Learn them. Use them. You have defensive, offensive, and crowd control abilities. CC is especially invaluable.

These are some good tips. I believe these are all in the Huttball 101 guide by high commander. Rather than copy his work, I will give a link to the Huttball 101 guide in this guide.

The "Throw Huttball" is an AOE target, and anyone in the area (or even near it) will catch the Huttball, however the game determines who actually catches the Huttball by looking at who is closets to the actual Huttball as it flies through the air towards the target. Thus you can "intercept" the Huttball in midair by jumping in front of it as it is arriving, or by knocking the intended recipient out of the way. Thus passing into an area with astute enemies is very dangerous, and quick/clever defenders can often gain possession without having to kill the carrier.

@OP - good post, but try not to seem so desperate to get something stickied. Generally things are stickied when they get community attention and develop lots of useful content, not when the OP bumps his own thread every few minutes and keeps repeatedly asking "how do I get this stickied." That's a pretty good recipe for people not to take the thread seriously.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.