Sage/Sorc needs a nerf!!

Greyfeld

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any good scoundrel/operative agreed there needed to be a nerf. And those same players still dominate with their class.

Lol ohh so your calling me "Not good" because i believe that the nerf was too much?

Bravo to you sir,here,here is a lollipop:p

know what my highest crit on anyone with equal gear is?

around 3.5k

now thats a wrath chain lightning in a 7/18/16 build

+10% aoe dmg form talents (applys to chain lightning)

+20% from wrath proc,

+surge adrenal

+crit/surge relic

+warzone red buff

+full champion gear with 4 battlemasters piece

+willpower and power resolve stim

ALL THAT AND THE STARS ALIGN FOR A 3.5 CRIT HOLY GOD NERF US RIGHT NOW

oh wait some operative did 10k in 2 globals while i was laying on the ground

Edited by Noviru
removing rude

Lol ohh so your calling me "Not good" because i believe that the nerf was too much?

Bravo to you sir,here,here is a lollipop:p

If that is what you want to infer sure. But all the ops/scoundrels who were ripping people apart in 2 GCD's agreed there needed to be a nerf. It was only the people that didn't really know how to maximize their class that think they didn't need a nerf. You can place yourself into whichever group you think you fall into.

Any good scoundrel/operative agreed there needed to be a nerf. And those same players still dominate with their class.

I call bs, you don't read the Scrapper class forums. You guys qq so much and we said l2 play and we got nerfed. Sure the good players do well but we should be doing better according to your l2 play arguments.

Because you're not 50 in at least champion gear, you don't have any 50 pvp experience as a sorc, and you are most likely full madness or lightning instead of a hybrid.

lolightning is a joke spec man. I play it because its hilarious seeing CL crit for 3.5k on 5 people. But it won't be viable in ranked warzones/arena(if arena happens). Control is the name of the game, and 31 mad is control.

If that is what you want to infer sure. But all the ops/scoundrels who were ripping people apart in 2 GCD's agreed there needed to be a nerf. It was only the people that didn't really know how to maximize their class that think they didn't need a nerf. You can place yourself into whichever group you think you fall into.

You play one? i do,please tell me what knowledge you know aside from looking at the tree's and in Wz's?

Someone said earlier in this thread "Every class can counter a Sorc" sure about that?

So they can get 2 additional medals averaging 13 instead of 11..

Pretty sure it's a mechanic problem and not a gear problem too, If they're using a precast static barrier and one during the fight averaging 8k in absorbs, I'm pretty sure doing over 50% self heals in any given fight + their 20% armor is better than having heavy armor by far.

The misinformation present in these 4 lines of text is pretty amazing. You should get some sort of award.

Aside from the fact that you seriously think 1k is the biggest crit you can obtain, it's impossible to discuss or balance classes below 50, and it should never be a point of contention if one is below the intended playing cap for PvP.

:-P

It all scales, especially in PvP where level 11 does about as much output as my level (which is really sucks btw). Apples to apples, gear to gear, level to level Sages don't DPS very well when compared to others. I don't think 3 levels are going to make much of a difference to my tools available. Head to head, I should lose just about every time. If you think so the tell me how since IDK, until then get that level 50 leet crap out of here...

The OP nerf was definitely over the top. To many things were nerfed when in reality it was the backstabbing after the initial opener that was the problem. The nerf to stacking buffs helped the big opener and it was livable then. Now I can not have bubble on me get jumped, knocked down, beat on and I walk away laughing.

Except the good players are still doing better.

You need to just stop posting on this subject,your bias is reeking through the posts you have made,many of these so called good players are not even op's that have posted and the others are not 50.

just so we're ALL clear the so called OPERATIVE/SCOUNDREL nerf was in fact a buff

for slight dmg loss they gained 3 times the control

I don't agree. It was nerf. So what if I can dirty kick you, you will still live if we are equally geared.

You play one? i do,please tell me what knowledge you know aside from looking at the tree's and in Wz's?

Someone said earlier in this thread "Every class can counter a Sorc" sure about that?

No, I don't play one. But I know people that regularly killed people in 2 GCD's. And they are who I get my information from.

And no not every class counters sorc, I'm not delisional. But if you think a good melee can't counter a sorc, youre terrible at this game.

It's disgusting that people are trying to defend the absurd survivability, damage, CC, and Healing one class can have all at the same time.

You are out of your minds if you think you're fooling anyone into thinking that Sorcerers/Sages are balanced.

Sorcerers also have an edge because they have no delay to Shock, as opposed to Sages who have a delay to Project. This also affects Shadows/Assassins but whatever.

You Sorcerer/Sage defenders are obnoxiously out of touch if you really believe the drivel that you use to defend this stuff. Furthermore, you're in for a rude awakening when the developers wake up and finally do what needs to be done and nerfs the class in some shape form or fashion.

Assassins/Shadows just got a pass that is going to nerf their hybrid builds. Sorcerer/Sage nerf to hybrid build is coming. Enjoy your cheap broken mechanics while you can because sooner or later you'll be speccing into one tree and your hybrid builds will be made worthless.

One of the developers commented a long time ago that their intention is to have players choose a class and a role, then spec into the tree that is designed to fill that role. They don't want hybrid builds and for good reason.

So get all angry and spew your venomous horse hockey at people who are calling out how messed up it is. It really doesn't matter what you say or how you feel about it, it's not going to last forever.

Play one for a while then come back and fix your incredibly uninformed post.

Your only real argument is that lighting has no animation delay while project does. And that argument doesn't even support your NERF SORC/SAGE NAO message. Just what the hell are you trying to say other than that you are completely confused and have no idea what you are trying to say?

Edited by Kelticfury

I don't agree. It was nerf. So what if I can dirty kick you, you will still live if we are equally geared.

maybe vs other classes

but this operative on my server if i dont have my trinket im dead and im moderately good at my class

he'll open on my for 5k~ vanish reopen for 5k~ all while im out of control.. he then starts with his backstab/shiv rotation as i gain control with 33% hp

to me that is worse than before

Edited by wwkingms

No, I don't play one. But I know people that regularly killed people in 2 GCD's. And they are who I get my information from.

And no not every class counters sorc, I'm not delisional. But if you think a good melee can't counter a sorc, youre terrible at this game.

Hit bubble,opener gone,then there is all that is left on my bar against what a Sorc has,,,yahh yup thatl work lol.

:-P

It all scales, especially in PvP where level 11 does about as much output as my level (which is really sucks btw). Apples to apples, gear to gear, level to level Sages don't DPS very well when compared to others. I don't think 3 levels are going to make much of a difference to my tools available. Head to head, I should lose just about every time. If you think so the tell me how since IDK, until then get that level 50 leet crap out of here...

Once again, you don't have any experience at the 50 bracket. When you play 11-49 all your stats are adjusted to be a lvl 50's with AVERAGE gear.

The stats on champion gear are well above the stats for average 50 gear affording better survivablity and better damage output.

Oh so this video doesn't illustrate the discrepancies between Project and Shock?

Yes, there is a difference in how these 2 abilities hit. However in the grand scheme of things the spell is almost meaningless in pvp since harsh words actually hit harder. Project/Shock is so weak in pvp it is nearly useless.

There is also a small difference in the knock-back animation between Sages and Sorc which causes the Sage version to hit others first. Additionally the rock graphic from the sages is much less noticable then the force lightning spell giving sages a couple extra GCDs before the person notices them then Sorcerers. These are real differences with spells that are actually useful in pvp. The difference is the Empire does not continuously whine like the Republic does over the tiny issues, instead we kick their ***!

maybe vs other classes

but this operative on my server if i dont have my trinket im dead and im moderately good at my class

he'll open on my for 5k~ vanish reopen for 5k~ all while im out of control.. he then starts with his backstab/shiv rotation as i gain control with 33% hp

to me that is worse than before

Newsflash,he used both of his GC's or wait even more to get that one kill on you and then he has a two minute wait,most likely he will have died during that wait.