I am not to happy with endgame Artifice.

Narcrus

Do you not get any Artifice Schematics from raiding? Because if you don't, I am going to be very upset. All I see are these Armormech, Syntheweaving, and Bio schematics drop everytime I raid, and I have yet to see any raid gear quality Artifice schematics drop. I feel kind of screwed over.

And yes, I know about the magenta color crystal, but it isn't "Columi" or "Rakata" quality like these other Schematics I have been seeing.

Does nothing really drop? Or am I just that bloody unlucky?

Edited by Narcrus

I think you and the rest of us that are artifice think that. I am just holding out for what BW says is a fix is coming to put balance back into end game crafting. We will see what they come up with. If it is junk then I will make the move. Edited by mdobrowney

Artifice grants you access to Best in Slot relics (when they crit for an augment slot) and (soon-to-be) Best in Slot Lightsabers (with an augment slot). I say soon-to-be because until you can rip the hilt out of a high level drop, that dropped saber will, in fact, be better, although the augment slot still kind of makes up for the use of a lower level Hilt. I am currently using Augmented Relics in both slots AND an Augmented Radiant Blade. I also craft the Magenta +33 Power crystal for lots and lots of credits.

Edit: the lightsabers are BoE, so you could potentially obtain one with an Augment slot from the GTN - I'll make a great deal, only 1.5 million creds!

Artifice is not useless. And it's getting love in upcoming updates. Patience young Padawn.

Edited by Natarii

Do you just keep crafting the lightsaber until you get the augment slot, or do you need to RE it for another recipe first? If you RE the orange lightsaber, do you get a purple pattern? I *think* that you can't RE the lightsaber to get a better recipe, you just need to keep crafting the orange one over and over until you crit, but I'd like to make sure.

Orange sabers CAN be reverse engineered for materials but you learn NOTHING by doing so. There is no upgrade to orange as it exists outside the hierarchy of Purple>Blue>Green. There is a *small* chance of regaining the BoP material out of it (they require 3 to create in the first place). The augment slot exists on a critical success; the materials involved and the rarity of a crit allow for the ability to command a large price upon their sale (1.5 mil might even be low!). I've made 3 Radiant Blades and only 1 of them crit, which is actually pretty awesome luck, and I'm using the first one for myself! Edited by Natarii

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.