Hope for people having trouble with datacrons/platforming

JimG

Did you even read his post? Because if you did, way to fail at reading comprehension. At no point whatsoever does he complain about datacrons being difficult to get. Actually, at no point whatsoever does he even complain. In fact, he takes all of the responsibility on himself for his difficulty in getting them. And then he offers a rather helpful bit of insight for others that may be having the same difficulties. Every single "point" you try to make doesn't even come close to being relevant to anything he said. Posters like the OP are what we need more of on these forums. Posters like you, not so much.

Thank you so much for this post! The last two sentences "Posters like the OP are what we need more of on these forums. Posters like you, not so much." are exactly how I feel EVERY.TIME.I.READ.THIS.FORUM. I am the only one in my guild who still uses these forums because of all the "Oh your such a cry baby-learn to play" posters who have nothing better to do than rant about people *gasp* looking for help on a forum. My guild all uses non "Official" forums because they find less of these "Oh Im so much better at this game than you are so why are you even here?" posters.

To the OP, THANK YOU so much for posting this. This is very helpful. I, too, have been standing at the very edge trying to make jumps and failing miserably. After 7+ years of playing MMOs I still SUCK at jumping. Its a spatial issue where the games do not work the way I think they should for jumping. Not just this game but several other MMOs I've played.

ETA: Another tip is to look at video whenever possible. You may not be interpreting the written instructions as intended. Or, at least, that is evidently part of my problem. "Oh Im supposed to jump on THAT pipe, not the pipe I just spent an hour trying to jump on......okay"

Edited by Kiarapanther