Sensible fixes based on reducing burst and big crits.

Zarthorn

A few things that can be changed without going into class nerfing.

1. Adding a Soft Cap to the power stat, right now it's possible to pump up to insane levels of power for short windows drastically boosting your burst (right now I can get my Biochem Scoundrel to 600+ power in the 10-49 WZs, thats a rather large and noticable damage boost)

2. Relics having a universal cooldown timer, when one is triggered the other is put into cooldown while the effect of the first disperses, this encourages more prolonged use and lessens the burst effect of popping a power relic and a crit/surge relic at the same time (this is how I get big sweep crits followed by a blade storm and Dispatch crit for quite a lot, popping both relics just before I sweep on my Champ geared Guardian)

3. Expertise hard cap lowered to 20%-25%, BM's can get 30% expertise when BM geared and using a WZ expertise adrenal or grabbing the WZ buff, this creates a huge disparity gap even between Champs and BM's.

And none of it requires nerfing any class, just balancing/fixing things that should have been in already from launch.

Edited by Zarthorn

A few things that can be changed without going into class nerfing.

1. Adding a Soft Cap to the power stat, right now it's possible to pump up to insane levels of power for short windows drastically boosting your burst (right now I can get my Biochem Scoundrel to 600+ power in the 10-49 WZs, thats a rather large and noticable damage boost)

2. Relics having a universal cooldown timer, when one is triggered the other is put into cooldown while the effect of the first disperses, this encourages more prolonged use and lessens the burst effect of popping a power relic and a crit/surge relic at the same time (this is how I get big sweep crits followed by a blade storm and Dispatch crit for quite a lot, popping both relics just before I sweep on my Champ geared Guardian)

3. Expertise hard cap lowered to 20%-25%, BM's can get 30% expertise when BM geared and using a WZ expertise adrenal or grabbing the WZ buff, this creates a huge disparity gap even between Champs and BM's.

And none of it requires nerfing any class, just balancing/fixing things that should have been in already from launch.

1) Power - the problem here is biochem and adrenals not the power stat itself. Adrenals, by their nature, are basically biochem only items. Even at 465 power, that's just such a massive advantage in a PVP fight I can't imagine bothering with any other profession besides maybe cybertech for the extra stun. Ironically the only argument to use other professions has to do with the capacity to crit on Rakata gear (gaining two augment slots), which won't do *much* for PVP considering expertise/battlemaster gear means you'll probably only have Rakata in at most two slots any one profession will mess with. Plus you'd need to farm to get the schematics which takes *FOREVER*.

2) Agreed.

3) The hard cap is 20% already afaik and yeah this is another issue where the adrenal is the problem and not the stat itself.