Ilum and PvP Gear, need info please.

ThatIrishLad

Sup, i hit 50 a few days ago and have got some champion gear from champion bags, 4 i think. I have about 30 centurion commendations, what should i buy with them? Do i use them on relics / ear / implants? I dont want to buy a good piece and get the champion version a second later in a bag.

And for Ilum. We get 3mission. Gathering/killing 30 armaments/players and a weekly version to get 150. There is a mission called first strike or something, it lists all of the assault points, is this a mission or is it just to know which points are controlled by each faction? Can you complete it or does it remain the same? ( Meaning, will it always just say [Central Assault - Imperial/Rep controlled] )

Main question: can you complete it and does it give a reward? Or is it just a Buff?

Thanks for any info

Edited by ThatIrishLad

Honestly its your choice to buy w/e with the badges, just get the best upgrade, for now, but you might eventually buy a gear piece that you replace with champ gear anyway simply because you run out of things to buy with the badges.

The "missions" are not missions at all, they are just something that the player can use to look at for quick reference for which nodes are capped by whom without looking at their map. They are not completable.

Honestly its your choice to buy w/e with the badges, just get the best upgrade, for now, but you might eventually buy a gear piece that you replace with champ gear anyway simply because you run out of things to buy with the badges.

The "missions" are not missions at all, they are just something that the player can use to look at for quick reference for which nodes are capped by whom without looking at their map. They are not completable.

Or youre unlucky and pull multiples of items repeatedly (speaking from experience here).

Or youre unlucky and pull multiples of items repeatedly (speaking from experience here).

Yeah I am, but anything you buy with centurian comms can be replaced by champ tokens anyway, except companion gear. And you should have a surplus of comms any way, no matter how many non-repeats you get.

Can you get champion belts / bracers / relics? ( from bag )

you can get everything from the bags

what I bought with cent first was a implant (because there are two of them and if I got 1 at random it wouldn't replace my cent purchase) - I guess the same would go for relic, but I ended up getting about 8 relics.

at battlemaster (assuming you want to lvl to valor rank 60) you can buy ear and implants with wz/merc commendations - something also to keep in mind

My suggestion would be to hang on to all your bags for 1.1.2. That way you don't have to worry about duplicates or the RNG. 7 champ comms and 15 cent comms in each champ bag.

Currently I've opened 16 champ bags since I hit 50 last week and I've gotten 4 pieces. The dev's have stated it's a 25% chance so I'm right on target I guess. I'm going to save all my bags though until the patch and hopefully I'll have 20-30 bags by then and times that by 7 and I'll have enough for a few pieces.

My suggestion would be to hang on to all your bags for 1.1.2. That way you don't have to worry about duplicates or the RNG. 7 champ comms and 15 cent comms in each champ bag.

Currently I've opened 16 champ bags since I hit 50 last week and I've gotten 4 pieces. The dev's have stated it's a 25% chance so I'm right on target I guess. I'm going to save all my bags though until the patch and hopefully I'll have 20-30 bags by then and times that by 7 and I'll have enough for a few pieces.

Do you know when the patch is? i thought it was late feb... You'd be at a significant disadvantage when pvping if you end up just waiting...

Do you know when the patch is? i thought it was late feb... You'd be at a significant disadvantage when pvping if you end up just waiting...

1.1.2 will be before March when 1.2 hits. My guess is Feb. 14th or 21st but I have no clue.

You make a good point about the disadvantage and I've considered that. However, there is nothing more frustrating than getting a duplicate or nothing at all. I prefer the idea of working towards something and making steady progress.

But yes, you're right. I'm getting smashed in WZ's with only 250 expertise and it's quite frustrating. I keep going back and forth actually but gambling with my chances seems like a bad idea. However, when I get those bags in my inventory, it's hard not to open them.

what i did was use my cent comms to get the unmoddable gear first (ex earpiece/implants/bracers..) and then do the dailies on ilum and belsavis to bolster my pve gear. eventually champ drops replaced my pve gear and i maybe bought 3 cent pieces the entire time

Open them, still time to save some if you do dailes and weekly... frankly, Cent gear is a joke, it has expertise yes but you get equal to better stuff doing regular dailies > Cent stuff, and Champ is a big leap from Cent gear, it's only good to raise expertise which yes is vital, but you get champ pieces occasionally and sooner than you can get enough comms for many cent gear anyways. I just got unmoddable gear to with Cent comms.

depending on luck and your activity, you can get champ gear fairly quickly... my luck wasn't great, I got a good number of actual drops in the bag, but duplicates, 3 boots, 3 relics, 2 belts my first week... ugh.

Edited by ErisktheRed