Light side lvl1/dark side lvl1 vs. neutral

Gumbeau

I got stomped yesterday on a PVE mission on Tatooine. Apparently my status changed from Neutral to Dark lvl 1 without me noticing it. My light sabre suddenly became less that useless. I managed to move back to neutral by being a "nice guy" for a while, but it's no fun. My question; is anyone building Dark lvl 1 light sabres on Darth Xedrix? Or is this the wrong forum for this question?

Wrong forum maybe, and perhaps a silly question. As far as I know, Light sabers themselves are not restricted to Light or Dark but only the color crystal in them, and even then as far as I know once the crystal is in it ( IE- if you buy a saber from a Comm. vendor ) until you remove it and try to reinsert it, it just simply will not let you.

PS- for crafting needs maybe the Crew skills forum may be a better choice, or the server forums but they are a bit lack luster and may not yield anything.

Red- says "forbidden to light 1 and above"

Blue- says "forbidden to Dark 1 and above"

Green- Says the same as above.

Orange and yellow have no such restrictions. But as I said, Light sabers themselves do not have a "light" or "dark" requirement, at least none that I have seen yet at least, just the color crystals in them. And in case that is not clear, the color crystal is the modification slot that has a color crystal in it, which in turn changes the color of your saber depending on the crystal. But by having the "wrong" alignment crystal, does not make the saber "not function" or work or usable.

Unless all this time I've been thinking you are using a modifiable light saber....and if you are not.....you have alot more to learn then I thought and you may wish to browse the new player guides...

I may not have been as clear as I should have in the original post. I am using a modufiable light sabre. With all of the mods out the info says forbidden to dark 1 and above. No crystal was installed. Thank you for the response. I found a way around the issue. I had my republic Jedi Knight buy a "requires dark 1 or better" light sabre and send it to my Sith Warrior, via the kios on Nar Shadaa. All is now right with the galaxie.