What made YOU play an Assassin

DarthNorik

I choose after looking at the madness tree, as a lock than later a death knight in WoW it looked to be the best. A melee warlock with a lightsaber! I couldn't resist.

This. At first I was going to main a jug because I wanted the vader archetype hoping that they would be more of a force based spell sword class rather then a rah me smash class. I swa the madness tree and noted it was the spell sword class.

I always play low armor melee DPS as they are the best DPS coz they get given low armor. I thought it would be the same here. But it looks like a powertech with heavy armor will do same damage as us in light.

but i love the class, and exar kun and Maul etc, xD

I played a sorc during beta and didn't really enjoy playing one. I also liked the idea of using a saberstaff and it just so happens assassins are pseudo-casters along with talent trees that allowed flexibility. I never played a melee/stealther in my previous MMO experiences so I figured I would try one out.

I initially tried Shadow, but the ability delays made for some frustration. Plus lightning > rocks anyway. My mains in any MMO are always tanks, and my "main" alt is always a rogue. I pretty much get both my characters in one this way. (Disclaimer: my main is actually a powertech, but should they ever give us multiple specs, the assassin will likely take over).

- Palpatine(for the lightning aesthetic), Exar Kun and Darth Maul.

- Also very proficient with the force despite being a melee centric class.

- I played a dark jedi consular/scoundrel in kotor 1.

- light armor/robes

After playing it to level 25, the only complaint I have is the fact I don't like how the character holds the double-bladed lightsaber. I prefer how your character held the double-bladed lightsaber in both kotor 1 and 2. /shrug

I played an enhancement shaman as a main in this other MMO that shall not be named ^^ (tried all other class to max lvl too). I could not resist to play another melee dps that also cast lightning.

I was also attracted by the inquisitor archetype and quest line. I tried it during the beta and liked its gameplay a lot. I am currently leveling several alts but i think my assassin will stay my main for as long as i play this game.