Stopping Chest farming/maphacking

Wylding

Ok, so I'm on Hoth and I've seen the same imp zone in and out magically RIGHT as the chest on the mountain is appearing multiple times now and it chaps my hide.

My humble suggestion to stop chest farming and map hackers like this:

Make all chests respawn on a RANDOM timer. No muss no fuss and this sort of abuse is fixed.

from what you describe it looks like someone has an alt parked on a chest and checks it from time to time.

so, don't assume maphack if you are not sure.

actually i'm surprised that very few people park their characters on a chest while doing multiple warzones... it's a nice bonus money in between the warzones.

i agree that some chests could be randomly placed but some are guarded by a pack of mobs - that would require moving the mobs along with the chest which is not ideal

Ok, so I'm on Hoth and I've seen the same imp zone in and out magically RIGHT as the chest on the mountain is appearing multiple times now and it chaps my hide.

My humble suggestion to stop chest farming and map hackers like this:

Make all chests respawn on a RANDOM timer. No muss no fuss and this sort of abuse is fixed.

If you think it a bot grabbing the chest, a random timer won't deter a bot, they're normally designed with enough intelligence to know when something is there or not.

If it isn't a bot, a Random Timer will still not do anything.