Alacrity or Crit gear?

Edon_Blackstar

I'm getting close to endgame, and I'm beginning to wonder which would be better to stack for pvp as a combat medic spec (planning on going 25/7/3). so i know alacrity helps with cool downs and cast times....and crit + surg...well that's self explanatory. which do you lv 50 vets prefer? quality of quantity is what I was thinking so I'm leaning towards crit + surg rating...but wanted to get an experienced opinion Edited by Edon_Blackstar

You are not gonna have much of a choice with PvP gear. Majority of the set is alacrity heavy with crit as a lower sidestat. I have been testing a little with how much alacrity is too much, it seems to me around 11% is going to be a soft cap. With first responder always up you are gonna be pretty efficient eitherway though. IMO stick with aim > alacrity > power/crit

Faster casts aren't going to do anything when you're trying to remain at max ammo regen. Crit and surge will increase your healing throughput, but do have hard caps. For someone just hitting 50 I would recommend prioritizing crit/surge, even if it means swapping out some of the alacrity mods in your pvp gear.

The alacrity you get from talents will be enough to shave about .2 seconds off AMP, which in pvp can make the difference. However, once you land it, you need it to hit hard, because if they die right after you got it off it's even worse than not getting it off at all since now your AMP is on cooldown and your ally is still dead.

Edited by dotriche

There's a sticky at the top of the page.

Read it.

Alacrity really only helps in "Oh %$" Moments. Otherwise your spacing your heals anyway to maintain 3/4 ammo. And really SCC and trinkets / adrenals are more effective for those situations anyway.

I prioritize aim and power. IMO bigger heals is key; alacrity only helps if your free chain casting, and since you have to stand still to do so that's really not realistic in PvP.

and realistically...what is the fastest cast times you guys have achieved with alacrity gear?

currently 1.08s for AMP and 1.48s for MP. But i'm not fully decked out on champ pvp gear, missing three slots of which one has crit and surge (gaiters). (Got no luck with random bags).

This with champ PVP relict - alacrity active and first responder buff. (My skilltree has the points invested in alacrity).

I'm not quite there, but with some luck i'm able to get heals of in between the GCD of enemies (setback occurs because he hits me during the gcd). But mostly my MP / AMP go off between his skills, which for PVP means you get heals out and makes it almost impossible to burst my heal target down (or me).

And yeah especially in PVP i stand around a lot. Can't cast AMP or MP while running, except for the two minute clicky for one cast. :cool:

Alacrity reduces the time i do stand around. Which gives me more mobility.

For PVE, i dare not to say it's better than huge crits or raw healing power, but with that speed i can mix in some hammershots with no fear of my target dying. Get's you better ammo management, works for me.

Basicaly the idea is short cast time = more time to dodge nasty red / blue puddles / circles on the ground :D

Edited by -sasori