A few suggestions/fixes

Darkloves

I really like the game, here are some things to change:

1. Ilum - The terrible lag and lack luster event this is, really doesn't bring in the feel of any real accomplishment. You fly there, hope you are going 10-1 Odds, no real scoreboards or *** is happening besides quests that pop up on your quest log that only offer who controls what. Let alone every time someone captures something, the huge lag spike. Well... if you are pvping embrace death or at least embrace the short lock up in fps.

2. Once you hit 50, its pretty much game over, literally. I know raiding, Hm's. But thats it. Its dead. And I mean in more then one way.

2a. Companions are dead. They no longer speak, and sometimes right now I see the little icon pop up needing to talk in a catina or ship. But it goes away after a minute. Some I've heard from say its bugged right now. While others don't know what to think. But if it is, its a bug that needs to be fixed, because quite frankly... well its crappy to have 5 companions you used to actually converse with every once and awhile to like disowning you and just being a stow away on the ship.

2b. This is star wars, is there no random events? Oh no guys, empire is ttacking here this week! Some special dailies/quests on a planet of random event. Or, republic is counter attacking here, quests for both sides on a certain planet.

2c. The class ends, where the class ends. Once you hit 50, you've most likely ended your story. For me smuggler was a bit... boring compared to others. I just wish there was more in it really.

2d. New space missions that actually award loot. And space missions that are a bit more... non repetitive! Alittle randomness is never wrong.

3. Instances that actually involve creativeness. I thought like, you were on ship, carrier type or star destroyer. And attacking or defending and you suddenly need 2 people to go onto some ships and defend or attack outside forces. The other 2 would stay on the ship and keep the small internal battle going towards the next bay of ships, where they would then get a chance to fly in some ships after you come in for a landing?

4. Space instance battles, both PVE and PVP group wise. When I first started space missions, my old days of Xwing vs Tie fighter came back to me. The feel of randomness and the feel of kicking arse and taking names in my ship of choice. The wonderful missions I could choose to do. And yet now we are in the here and now, and why not make it the same or better? Make pvp battles with groups in space. In a instanced of course, space arena. Or allow some PVE quick instances for you and 3 others to do? Imagine taking of a prototype super star destroyer, far tougher then the single player mission type star destroyers! Where you must do it with your team!

5. Make the world, lootable. Imagine doing missions only to find you loot a small bush. Something lively to put in your large ship. Or maybe some rare artifact to hang on your ships wall? Or maybe a weapon collection over time you collect to line the halls and walls of your ship? Not saying the ENTIRE world be lootable. Just saying some rare things once and awhile. Allows your ship to feel more like at home, because well.. as a space adventurer, that is your home.

6. The need for more PVP choices of area's. As much as I love huttball (no seriously I don't). Or the fact the other 2 are seen less to me then huttball. There needs more choices. Like I said the space PVP ones would be a nice change. But as for ground ones, there is so many choices, so many area's to have battles waged. And that would even go more towards the whole random events of imp or republic happening on a random planet!

7. The worlds need to be more alive. You never really see any wild life, or random things going on like I said above about the random events. Its just go to a planet for your dailies, and be one with it. Nothing more, nothing less. Its well.. redundantly boring. No real cool-ness factor when traveling, unless dismounted randomly by a mob is.

Bug Fixes -

1. Smuggler out of all the ones I've played right now would be the most buggy to me.

1a. When trying to go into cover, alot of times the object you are rolling to, takes forever to get to. And sometimes WON'T happen at all. You hit the cover button and just stand there like an idiot.You hit it again and again and never does anything happen. Even sometimes running over to the "specified" cover area and still nothing. Thus I hope you aren't raiding or in a HM or something. Cause enrages and such can cause you to try and make up for the already lost dps you've encountered by this needing to start dps cover issue but can't Only to have to be forced to hit escape to not have anything targeted then do the cover in place option.

1b. Rolling into cover when it actually does happen, well normally if you specc'd a certain way, you get the instant cast charged bolts, not all the time. If say I do a aimed shot while still having time on my bolts. Soon as I shoot any attack other then bolts, sometimes it goes away. And then sometimes it stays? Like is the talent trying to make up its mind whether it wants to be used or not?

2. I've played other classes and I feel the smugglers "energy" very lacking. Say versus a Sith sorc or one of many others I've played where they seem alot more uptime then downtime like I see with the gunslinger especially. Gunslinger eats thru its energy pool with no problem at all. Other classes you can specc to greatly increase their pool, while gunslinger only gets a 10 increase of energy. 10 which is just eaten away. The regen time to me is also very terrible. Like I said a huge downtime versus up time. I hit my auto attack shots far more then anything else as a gunslinger.

PVP Changes -

1. I like the whole bolster idea, but I wish there weren't 10-49 and then the 50 brackets. Imagine a level 10 or even 40 versus a 49? Far difference in talents alone don't allow some players to beat the higher up. Now I've beat my fair share of higher levels because I consider myself a decent pvper and they just didn't fair as well. But then alot of times, you shouldn't stand a chance against the greatly higher up because of the skills difference. Even having skills you won't for many levels. Just wish there was more brackets is all.

2. I also wish there was a type of underdog bolster in Ilum. Especially as the underdog republic, its needed. Often going 1 to 3 odds against imperials, well this was something they did in WoW to show down the overwhelming odds against the other side. It gave more of a better balance. I'd rather have double life points and go 1 to 3 odds, then normal life versus those odds.

Edited by Darkloves

One more Suggestion that I just thought of for PVP

Allow only top 5 to get MVP. I know it sounds alittle unfair. But coming from where I see often. Alot of bad players get voted over good players. Like one I saw this morning. 3 votes for being 1-15? And all he would do is run in, no gear and type a dance emote with them. I'm more confused why people vote that way, or why he did it frankly!

One more Suggestion that I just thought of for PVP

Allow only top 5 to get MVP. I know it sounds alittle unfair. But coming from where I see often. Alot of bad players get voted over good players. Like one I saw this morning. 3 votes for being 1-15? And all he would do is run in, no gear and type a dance emote with them. I'm more confused why people vote that way, or why he did it frankly!

if you go as a group, then you will (usually) give a vote to someone from that group instead of someone who actually contributed most to the win

which brings to another issue: medals, this is the criteria of being in the top or at the bottom, which quite frankly does not translate well to the win contribution

i get votes for mvp when i'm playing for medals (crit heals and 75k medal for healing done? ok, now switching to dps) and i do not get votes when i try to win the match [capping a point with score 15:15 should win you at least one vote, right? or planting 3 bombs and downloading the data very fast should win you some votes as well, right? well it ain't unless you've dealt tons of damage, had nice crits, killed lots of folk and assasinated someone as well....]

Edited by FoxNemhauser

This game also needs more clarification on valor and things of that nature. I know you must experience to learn. But like how many people really know there is a valor cap? How many know it goes to 100? How many knows that valor goes by level until 50? How many new comers will be confused by the pvp system itself. It's a vague system that needs alittle work on it.

PvP Fix - Currently if you start a cannon in Alderaan on Republic side, the Damage doesn't start for a few seconds, versus if you start a imperial one at the same time it IMMEDIATELY takes 5 damage off the republic ship.

Not true.

The cannons fire at preset intervals, regardless of who has them capped.

Not true.

The cannons fire at preset intervals, regardless of who has them capped.

Hate to break it to you. But anyone who see's both turrents cap at the same time or even sith capping AFTER us, notice the IMMEDIATE 5 hp drop from the republic ship, while the sith ship's hp doesn't move.