Vanity/social wear/style UI

SpitERI

Sorry if this has already been suggested, but let me give you some context first...

I play a Jedi Consular and the class seems to be synonymous with "one who wears robes made of doily". Basically the Consular gear looks awful. When I came across an orange moddable robe that actually looked pretty sexy, I was stoked. I was, however, displeased when this gear was superceded by a Columi robe that looks like afore mentioned doily.

I don't know if this is already in the works, but would it be possible to retain the look of some gear but have geared the better stuff for the stats, etc.? Much like they do in DCUO and Warhammer Online. I want the style of the robe that doesn't look like a table cloth but of course I was the stats of the Columi gear that I earned.

P.S. Distinctive looking gear within the same class would be nice too. For example, Force-Mystic gear should look different to Force-Master gear, etc.

Orange custom gear has interchangeable mods that you can upgrade to increase the stats and keep the look.

You obviously didn't read my post closely enough.

I'm well aware of that, but the orange gear (even with the mods) was superceded by Columi gear that looks terrible. The idea would be to keep the style of gear that you like/looks good but keep equipped the better gear (stat-wise) for combat.

I just hang on to something I like until something else I can bear turns up. If your chest armour's a bit weak because you're wearing something a bit lower than your maximum, bulk up on your shoes or bracers or something else that doesn't show up, maybe?

Just got my smuggler to Tatooine; I'd adore a trenchcoat, when one shows up, but no way am I going to trade in my jacket with the stylish scarf thrown over one shoulder for a featureless tan coat with a *hood*... what kind of long coat has a *hood*, for the Force's sake? - or worse, albeit slightly better spec, a metal breastplate with a *cloak*?! I'll remember that vendor when I swing a Jedi past that market... but, no, that is so definitely not free-trader-appropriate garb that it's not funny.

bulk up on your shoes or bracers or something else that doesn't show up, maybe?

While that seems logical, it would not be viable if you're raiding (hard mode/nightmare mode) and so forth, and I think anyone would want their best gear equipped regardless and not have to switch gear out at the cost of combat effectiveness just to achieve a certain "look". Switching gear for combat effectiveness - depending on the role - is normal; doing it for a look would just get tedious.

With a style/vanity function you can:

- maintain a look that you want for your character without a loss to stats; and

- maintain your effectiveness in PvE or PvP without looking like a nun in a habit

Ah, I'd not really considered the raiding angle.

From where I stand, I'd rather be a stylish smuggler than the most powerful smuggler in the galaxy... but I don't have to worry about getting blamed for a wipe because I forgot to change into my best battle shirt, so different priorities apply.