The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assault Dps Stat Priority

mykaelmjr

Hello all,

I'm getting closer to 50 and starting to mod my gear more and more. What exactly is the stat priority for the assault tree? I'm getting more and more gear with accuracy on it and I'm being told it's useless.

as far as i'm aware people prefer to stack crit and surge and after that, power.

Edited by Eerazer

PvP or PvE?

PvP, definitely crit and surge

PvE is a bit difficult. After PvEing some I'm not to certain it is ideal to have too high crit and surge because I feel as though I bursts too hard and fast at times and ended up stealing agro. Maybe focus on accuracy and power more for consistency?

PvP or PvE?

PvP, definitely crit and surge

PvE is a bit difficult. After PvEing some I'm not to certain it is ideal to have too high crit and surge because I feel as though I bursts too hard and fast at times and ended up stealing agro. Maybe focus on accuracy and power more for consistency?

Yes my question was regarding pve. I'm looking at my attacks and trying to max out each attack.

Power matters, once you're comfortable with your accuracy. It's the one secondary stat that doesn't have diminishing returns.

After that, Crit and Surge. You can pretty much say "screw it" to Alacrity at this point.

So accuracy should be stacked? Then power?

Basically, think about this. From what I've seen digging around the boards-

Your primary stat (Aim) delivers about .20 damage per point. +Power delivers .23 per point.

You can pump Aim all the way up to about 1200 before Diminishing Returns should kick in. This will boost both damage and crit%- so yes, feed that Aim stat. Feed it lots.

+Critical does the most from 0-200, slows down at 201-400 and 401-600, then DR starts really biting in.

Accuracy is pretty much linear gains till +350.

Surge is best to +100 (+16% crit damage at +100), good to +101-200 (another +11% at 200), half at 201-300 (+8%) and slows down badly from there (301-550 for another +10%).