SWG Pre-CU

Cvicek

SWG was a great test bed for core concepts in MMO's especially the social aspect of MMO's. I believe there are alot of systems in the game that were broke (Pre-CU), but the concept of proffession based advancement over level advancement was very original compared to all the other roller coaster level grinds that are in all MMO's these days. The crafting system was second to none unless you were lazy. Space combat was also second to none in an MMO that wasn't really created around a space element. Player housing has not been replicated in any other MMO which help make the game feel like a real alternat life in a virtual world. The sandbox enviroment had endless possiblities on all the planets which unfortunately was severly under developed.

Ultima Online did all of that and more, more than 10 years ago. Dont go arround saying SWG was first, their housing, they proffession or skill over advancement of level (there where no levels at UO), All the features you are talking about all where a rip off Ultima Online sistem, Thats ok by me coz UO its one of the best MMOs out there (no one almost play it coz its pretty hardcore Skill>equip, Economy&Friends>equip).

So please before going arround internet saying things like you said, research a little more, %80 of SWG was based on UO.

Edited by Kennkra

Ultima Online did all of that and more, more than 10 years ago. Dont go arround saying SWG was first, their housing, they proffession or skill over advancement of level (there where no levels at UO), All the features you are talking about all where a rip off Ultima Online sistem, Thats ok by me coz UO its one of the best MMOs out there (no one almost play it coz its pretty hardcore Skill>equip, Economy&Friends>equip).

So please before going arround internet saying things like you said, research a little more, %80 of SWG was based on UO.

What this said... and

As so many MMOs are based on UO... UO was legendary...

Edited by BrandonSM