The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

dps builds?

MaximusFenix

so i went through about 10 pages of threads, and either its im to tired from playing til 4 am, or there just isnt one, but what is, if at all possible the best dps build for a vanguard?

i should add, this will be for pve, and hm fp and ops

Edited by MaximusFenix

i have been going assult, i tried tactics and besides having better ammo management, i just was not doing near as much damage.

Edit: i personally like assault plastique, when it blows up it almost does as much damage as a crit ion pulse, and i have an 82% crit dmg multiplyer. so it does a lot of dammage.

Edited by kajind

Between the two trees (Assault and Tactics), I've heard Assault does more dps.

I did enjoy the Assault tree, but I found the ammo managment could get frusturating if HIB didn't proc. There is the possiblity of running out of ammo simply because the proc doesn't go off consistantly.

The Tactics has much better ammo management IMO, but to get the best DPS you have to "charge" your Pulse Cannon. Unfortunately this takes a lot of time to reach its full potential. Time you don't have when fighting mobs in Operations.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMZMcZfhMrdhGMs.1

have not had chance to test this build in OPS easy or hard mode but for PVP i love it.

I do use a lot hammer shot almost all the time between any of my skills so that way i find myself almost never without ammo and if i ever need some ammo recharg cell helps me.

keep in mind that i have almost all pieces of champion eliminator gear.

WZ most of time i'm in top 3