Lvl 30 sentinel

cristian_carrera

feeling underpowered is natural. sentinel is by and large the hardest class to play. feel proud that you've actually gotten that far, many people gave up as soon as they realized they can't press their faces to the keyboard and roll across it to win

Don't know which tree you are...

I think we all have felt a little frustrated at some point while leveling. Our talent trees seem to bloom a little later than some other classes.

Do you keep your/companion's gear up to date? I don't mean crazy creds at the GTN every level; between mission rewards and equipment/mod commendations you should be about there. I used the GTN to fill the gaps with greens or cheap blues if they were available.

Always get the best hilts every two levels.

Have you read the guide? Pretty good info in there. It helped me learn how to maximize our multitude of abilities. We have ALOT of situational abilities.

Light at the end of the tunnel..

We really come into our own at 40+. It all comes together and stuff just melts. All that "hard mode" leveling finally pays off.

One last thing...I tried all three trees to see which was the best fit. The tree that does the most damage is the one you feel the most comfortable playing. The play style of each tree is significantly different.

Hope this helps...good luck leveling.

Thanks for the compliment. I hear alot of people saying the class is broken and although I do have trouble sometimes I still think its fun. I remember how happy I was when I finally beat Valis. I wanted to give up but I didn't and in the end it was super rewarding to beat him.

Im watchmen spec. I usually try to keep my mods uptodate. I haven't really tried the GTN im pretty new to the game and mmos so I don't really know how it works. Alot of this has been learning on the fly so im not fully aware of all my resources I guess yet.

Edited by cristian_carrera

In the Tatooine/Alderaan series, the difficulty really jumps up, so a lot of Sentinels feel a bit of shock as they hit that level, also it's when T7 and Kira start to lose some of their pop.

My advice is to get a couple extra levels in. I would suggest doing a couple dailies, run your daily space missions. Having a three levels on the content your facing (and the gear that comes with it) will definitely make your life easier.

And don't worry, once you get in the neighborhood of 40 and get Doc, all your troubles will melt away. He's an absolutely beast healer.