Why does this game feel so much like War?

maximusedward

Oh! wait, made by the same people, with little end game content and a less sophisticated UI :rolleyes:

Well WAR was a clone of WoW

TOR is a clone of WoW

WoW is a clone of EQ

etc...

Anyway - TOR is a themepark game and all themepark games all all the same. Very linear, very easy with arrows pointing you to right direction all the way. And since loot of people don't like to think, read, make choices etc - they need game that:

~ force you to create class at the begining of the game and limiting you to that class

~ force you to select "advanced class" and limiting you to that class

~ force you to specific planets in specific order and allowing you to do specific quests in specific orders

~ have quests in specific areas so you always know where you should go

~ force you to use weapon specific for your limited class until very and

~ force you to repeat that over and over again until you bored

It's oposite of a sandbox where freedom of choice was first thing you had there. As example in EVE you choose your race but that's just how you look and few other details. They just give you basic set of skills but if you want to use different weapons or different ships that your race use - you can do that without problem.

Problem with sandbox games is that people feel lost at the begining because there is so much to do. So instead of doing something they like (crafting, fighting monsters, building something, hunting, treasure hunting, exploration, trading etc... ) they complain that they don't know what to do :)

I was always telling that MMO should be a sandbox style game with themepark elements as "tutorial" for people that don't play real mmo.

Oh! wait, made by the same people, with little end game content and a less sophisticated UI :rolleyes:

LIES!!!!

If my Marauder was as awesome as my Warpforged RR100 White Lion This game would be awesome! And the noobs would REALLY have something to cry about!!!

Bring on the Reknown System so i can buy more stat increases and abilities!!!

WAR was a clone of WOW?????

Where? When? Why???

Of course you never played to WAR.

War was a Realm VS realm game, totally based on PVP, was just made of ride, assault, siege, etc.etc.

The only similarity with WOW was that it was online...

WAR was a clone of WOW?????

Where? When? Why???

Of course you never played to WAR.

War was a Realm VS realm game, totally based on PVP, was just made of ride, assault, siege, etc.etc.

The only similarity with WOW was that it was online...

I agree with you. Only WoW kiddies think WAR copied WoW in any way!

TOR is a clone of WoW

WoW is a clone of EQ

etc...

Anyway - TOR is a themepark game and all themepark games all all the same. Very linear, very easy with arrows pointing you to right direction all the way. And since loot of people don't like to think, read, make choices etc - they need game that:

~ force you to create class at the begining of the game and limiting you to that class

~ force you to select "advanced class" and limiting you to that class

~ force you to specific planets in specific order and allowing you to do specific quests in specific orders

~ have quests in specific areas so you always know where you should go

~ force you to use weapon specific for your limited class until very and

~ force you to repeat that over and over again until you bored

It's oposite of a sandbox where freedom of choice was first thing you had there. As example in EVE you choose your race but that's just how you look and few other details. They just give you basic set of skills but if you want to use different weapons or different ships that your race use - you can do that without problem.

Problem with sandbox games is that people feel lost at the begining because there is so much to do. So instead of doing something they like (crafting, fighting monsters, building something, hunting, treasure hunting, exploration, trading etc... ) they complain that they don't know what to do :)

I was always telling that MMO should be a sandbox style game with themepark elements as "tutorial" for people that don't play real mmo.

My top ten spoilers right there, duh...

I agree with you. Only WoW kiddies think WAR copied WoW in any way!

Totally agree..

And they even don't know that Blizzard copied for the likeness of their races the lore that Games Workshop designed for Warhammer wargame (first edition 1983)... as they copied Warhammer 40k for Starcraft..

Expecially the likeness of Dwarf, Orcs and Goblin, it's almost identical.

Some example: Dwarves being technologically advanced are straight out of the Old World of Warhammer, as Dwarves using fire weapons and steam power (rifle, cannons etc.etc.)

Or the graphic likeness of the Orcs..

Or for Starcraft.. the Zerg ARE the Tyranids, in almost every detail.

Hello everyone!

We appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. However, we do ask that that feedback is constructive. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback is constructive and helpful.

With that in mind, we're going to go ahead and close the thread. If you have suggestions for the game, we have a fantastic thread for suggestion lists and a forum for specific suggestions, the Suggestion Box. We encourage you to continue your discussion in one of these locations.

Thank you for understanding and helping us make sure that the forums are as constructive and helpful as possible!