How to Spend Your First Day on SWTOR

xlMcGlx

First you have to spend an whole months pay check just to get the game and subscribe for the month. But don't worry, EA will make sure to you spend more by offering the most amazing things ever for your security, like 5 dollar phone apps and security keys that "you" can only access.

Well in order to do that whole process, you actually have to jump between site to site. O wait, first after actually confirming your purchase, you wait over an hour just to get the confirmation email. Then you must sign up on SWTOR. Know I now what it must be like to be a woman getting ready for her date, cause obviously EA or SWTOR needs to know every detail about me before it takes me to bed tonight. God forbid if I didn't get them my actual street address.

Next let's actually getting to the download. The game client ran that one pretty fast and cudos to them for getting a strong game client to connect to a nearby server. I bet that was hard. But let's take the extra time they could have wasted with us by making them download huge patch updates for the launcher and then a 1.168 GB video that will not let play the game until you finish that download.

Honestly, I love the experience so far. It has been a real pleasure wasting all this god damn time. I really couldn't think of anything better to do with it, such as playing the game. Why on earth would I do that? I mean obviously downloading this retarded video means a lot more than just starting the game. Because I really need a tutorial right now. No one reads anymore obviously.

That's how you spend your first day on SWTOR

I'm guessing you've not played one of these types of games before.

Downloads take time - the game is BIG. Even on my fast conenction it wasn't a 5 minute deal but at least it didn't take an overnight d/l like EQ2 lol.

Hopefully you feel betetr now you vented.

As a previous poster said, if you spent a 'whole months' paycheque you are either a:

1-small child... in which case we don't have to care because you obviously have no experience with how the real world, computers, games, etc actually WORK or...

2-old child.... because no one in their right minds takes a whole month to earn £50.00 AND then complains about having to download a game BEFORE they play it.

On a side note, if you had bought a hard-copy it would have been much faster, especially since activation codes are included IN the box.

Further more, The information requested is standard to ALL MMO's. And if you think downloading ToR took a while you obviously NEVER played WoW. LotR-OL probably takes a little bit less to download but its far less information being downloaded as well.

TLDR:

Grow up and stop complaining.