What Do Jawas Look Like?

KnightGreg

I feel this is a logical question. All we see is their glowing eyes. I'm guessing like a Weequay/Devaronian/Duros. Maybe a few human features. I really don't know. Is this the kind of thing like we don't know what Yoda's species is? I really want to know the answer to that question too.

Gross as hell. They are supposed to be covered in insects too. Why couldn't Anakin have chopped them up rather than the slightly less gross as hell sandpeople.

(I know sandpeople look like regular humans but their whole culture is gross as hell)

Edited by Bronze_Elemental

I actually did a little research on this for a SW Saga pen and paper game I was in. Jawas are rodent-like, hairless, and have very sensitive vision. They appear to have 'glowing orange eyes' because they wear hoods with a black veil and have crystals to allow them to see without straining their eyes against the bright Tattoine sun. They have tiny, rodent like hands and feet. Their keenest feature is their scent, as their sensitive noses act as communication for their native tongue, Jawa. The language you hear and see in the films is Jawa trade language, and is primarily used to communicate with species who cannot 'speak' or smell Jawa. Jawas lack the physical vocal chords to speak basic (English). They also do not bathe, as they believe it to be a rash waste of water, which is a precious resource on Tattoine.

It's also important to know that Jawa culture frowns upon exposing themselves to others, so they nearly never take off their robes in social situations except to mate. Their tribes are guided by a matriarch known as a seer for their ability to use 'spells' which are suspiciously similar to force usage.

Being that all of these answers were found in WIKI articles I also want to point out that there are some inconsistancies in the Star Wars universe that may make their true appearance to differ from incarnation to incarnation. What's truly important in this thread is that I really really want Jawa as a playable race because they're awesome and intriguing as a culture. they are also small, which is just how I roll since gnomes in D&D.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.