Achievements

Tocaseven

why bother grinding to 30,40,50 if i cant go back to farm/earn achievements ? having played mmo since ages i know that getting the ach is the thing that keeps most people playing.who thought an entry into codex by itself was an ach but not whole codex was an achievement ?

that's my one real criticism of the game as well. All other shortcommings I can tolerate because I understand they are temporary.

Not having achievements is just terrible though. Many players spend months chasing down achieves. Not implementing this basic feature will really hurt the bottom line as people get bored with nothing to do between raid lockouts.

No, the codex does NOT count. Codex is a joke!

I played City of Heroes for 7 years because there were badges. Badges for everything, exploration, defeating monsters, beating Task Forces, Beating Task forces with 0 deaths/no bonus powers (master runs), PVPing, collecting objectives, participating in anniversaries/events, crafting, selling things on the market, taking damage, healing, being stunned. Badges for collecting lots of other badges. Badges for completing missions with certain requirements (like in a time limit, or with a debuff). Everything!

I have about 1200 badges in CoH, and every one of them has a neat little illustration, and is selectable as a title (yep, over 1000 different titles available) Some of them even granted bonus powers, or emotes. And any player could inspect any other player's badges. There are entire websites devoted to tracking these, and helping to get missing ones.

Instead in TOR, I get about a dozen titles, which I see everyone else using as well (So I usually don't use any title). I also get about 600 codex entries, which are cool for story purposes, but don't offer anything for my character, and I don't even think you can inspect someone else's codex's, so they don't even really work for bragging rights.

How do you expect me to spend 7 years playing this game? Give me challenges, and give me shiny things to reward my effort. Don't just give me random gear I'm gonna replace next patch.

why bother grinding to 30,40,50 if i cant go back to farm/earn achievements ? having played mmo since ages i know that getting the ach is the thing that keeps most people playing.who thought an entry into codex by itself was an ach but not whole codex was an achievement ?

Well the game that brought achievements to the masses was warhammer so dont be shocked if we see them some time soon here.

Also anyone who was on warhammer also knows that they made a big thing about the best pvper's on the server with the ranking system, they have already said a ranking system is coming in so i can see that being a big thing.

Edited by Shingara

oops sorry warhammer guy im juggling a few things at once, aint warhammer down to 1 server cos off no hook ? the guys that broke warhammer in 6 months are now on tor and determined to break their record. Edited by Tocaseven

oops sorry warhammer guy im juggling a few things at once, aint warhammer down to 1 server cos off no hook ?

warhammer went boom cos the servers were naff and wow ripped tons from it, the basic principles in warhammer are still amazing.

I would pay a devs wages if they would implement the chicken rule on gankers :p

Edited by Shingara

raw nerve warhammer guy ?

? what with the chicken rule, no i think its comical as hell, in open world pvp if your way higher then the person your attacking you get turned into a chicken at which point the person you were attacking could come and kick you up the #####