The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Melee (close range) dps PvP (PvE) build... thoughts ?

fedexfan

So basically i spent quite some time trying to "forge" my own Vanguard build, stealing some ideas from here and there, and after a while i came up with this cool thing that lets me use High Energy Cell for the awesome talent of not worrying ever about my ammo. Now the idea is that i depend heavily on stockstrike an ion pulse, increasing the damage and crit chance of elemental attacks (ion pulse) in every possible way. Also, the combination of adrenaline rush and kolto recharge restores 22 % HP over 10 seconds which is invaluable in 1v1 scenarios in warzones i think. One of the things i love the most - i had enough points to benefit from gut and its bleed effect completely (all 4 points needed). To not feel squishy we have 2 % damage reduction from Power Armor and the awesome assault tree ability soldier's endurance (3 % endurance) which boosts my overall HP in a great way since i personally am trying to (and have achieved it) get the best +endurance equipment available. Also we get the nice boosts to our HiB from the first row abilities in shield and tactics trees, which, combined with the cooldown to cryo grenade (that lets us actually USE HiB) , provides some really nice intuitive rotations with ion pulse and stockstrike. And finally we have the 1 point in static field, since we rely heavily on ion pulse (elemental damage) and the one final point in steely resolve. Specifically for PvP we also put 1 point in Shock Absorbers and one point in Combat Tactics (opportunity for HiB ro crit hit automatically).

So, maybe this is gonna sound really stupid to some of you, others may like it, but im kinda proud of my own build and i wanted to share it with you. Any advice and criticism will be highly appreciated.

Thank you !

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801uMoZrsrMkrcokcZbc.1

* After actually testing it now, some conclusions:

- Can not lose a 1v1 fight against an equally geared opponent (10x to 22% HP regeneration over 10 seconds)

- Ion Pulse deals constant 1.5-2.5 k crits to champion level geared opponents

- Literally never runs out of ammo..

- Reduced cooldowns of harpoon and cryo grenade make more difference in PvP than u might think (10 seconds)

- Stockstrike dealing acceptable ammounts of damage, considering the nature of the build

- 3 points in Soldier's Endurance might be spent elsewhere

Edited by fedexfan