Would it be OP if...

SpectreVII

We had a short-term stealth escape like Maurauders/Sentinels have? From a Lore perspective, it doesn't make sense they would get one while an Imperial Agent Sniper would get no stealth abilities at all. From a Gameplay perspective, I can see some problems with it since the class as is does so much damage over the other classes.

But it would be awesome regardless.

Opinion about snipers: We destroy everything in the right hands. MM Sniper forever!!!!

A short term stealth would be a god send. It's the one thing I feel we lack. We really don't have an OH GOD LET ME ESCAPE button like pretty much every other class. Just stand and die if we get cornered. That, or make Evasion offer complete immunity (because it's pretty useless as it is right now. Every class that I can think of has attacks that it ignores.)

Something to adjust our positioning would be nice. A rocket jump that allowed us to choose a destination to leap too would be really nice too, but I'm not sure it'd fit the class (seems more like a bounty hunter thing).

Edited by Pinworm

Merc and Sniper are the only classes that need a Oh **** button atm. Guardian/Jugg, PT/Vanguard both have jumps, Consular/Inquisitor have force speed(shadow/assassin have stealth and speed), Ops/Scoundrels have stealth, but Mercs and Snipers have nothing. Mercs have less utility then we do, but people seem to think it's the opposite because they can heal.

Mercs should get a blink, use their jump jet to get to a place of their choice.

Snipers should get a short term stealth like Maurauders.

I personally don't have too much of a problem with my sniper atm(You don't have to believe me :p ), but if we need anything, that could help.

I understand all the aspects of what a stealth would do...

As far as PvE goes, I'd rather see more passive skills attached to the sniper.

A passive skill reducing agro and increasing range would be awesome.

Where's the anonymity and deception when after I do one chain, an elite jumps over to me? What kind of a sniper is that!

I would rather prefer some kind of traps available to Sniper/GS. Mines for Sniper, tripwires for GS for the flavor.

Stealth is OP's thing, Snipers take up a position and unleash hell, and traps would go along with it well.