Do guardians ever become fun?

GregMD

k I'm 27 on my guardian now, respecced back to vigilance (focus was god awful). got force push and force stasis, having a lot more fun now. can't wait until I get saber throw now.

WOOOOOO! Look at me!

WOOOOOO! I'm level 50 and geared to the nines!

WOOOOOO! Watch me pwn level 12 noobs......on video.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yeah. You might not want to take to heart everything you see on youtube. Some of it may be a bit, well, maybe it can be a tad misleading. That said, it doesn't mean this can't be a fun class, but coming into it from the direction you are probably isn't the best start to hope for.

I was watching this video -

50s bracket

Fair enough. Kudos for picking a non noob pwng video. From what little I saw the guy isn't even a clicker. Tells you something in and of itself right there. He knows his class and knows the game.

That said, I think that video answered your question, obviously it does get better. What you're seeing at your level has very, Very, VERY little to do with endgame. Its possible the guys he was fighting in the vid just sucked at their class and/or weren't very geared while he was. Expertise gear is always a factor. But if you're competant at any of the classes you'll have fights just like on the vid, which is why you should pick a class you like rather than one that seems like it will do well.

Basically what I'm saying here is have fun first, be competitive after. You say you've sampled them all? Great, pick your favorite to play and roll with it.

I have a 38 Defense Guardian and a 36 Vanguard. I can play the latter efficiently with my eyes closed, but the Guardian requires much more attention for maximum potential.

Guardian:

Force Leap

Opportune Strike

Force Sweep

Pommel Strike

Force Push

Saber Throw

Force Leap

Opportune Strike

Blade Storm

Combat Focus

Cyclone Slash

[Hilt Strike] [Force Stasis] [Master Strike] [Freezing Force] [Force Sweep] {Opportun...etc etc]

Profit

Vanguard:

Incendiary Round

Ion Pulse

High Impact Bolt

Stockstrike

High Impact Bolt (if refreshed)

Harpoon

Explosive Surge

Pulse Cannon

Repeat as necessary.

I guess my point is that the line between Ineffective\Effective is very wide for Vanguards but very slim for Knights.

Shinjin

I absolutely love my Guardian and i don't think i will ever play something else. Making good use of CDs is important obviously. AOE taunting and taunting in general is amazing too. Reducing all player damage in PvP by 30% is huge. If you'd like to see a 50 guardian in action check out a video i just made of myself PvPing as a 50 Force Speced Guardian.