ops have nothing to offer huttbal.

bkizz

Negative.

Ops bring a great deal to Huttball. They can help tackel the carrier. They can pick off those peskie ranged classes sitting on the scaffold. They can stealth into the endzone and catch easy passes. They can do tons of damage and help carry the team.

maybe if you are playing dps but as a healer I say nay sir.

Debuff? You mean the one that we don't get because we specced into energy screen so our sheild probe could be used as a somewhat consistent form of energy regen while fighting?

no healing op is going to have that.

Debuff? You mean the one that we don't get because we specced into energy screen so our sheild probe could be used as a somewhat consistent form of energy regen while fighting?

Nooo. You get Cover Screen dubuff, "Lowering all healing given and received by 100% for 10 seconds."

That is, unless spec'd stealth, but we all know they're still not OP, but they'll still kill you in a 1 on 1. Which is good, seeing as they have nothing else to offer. Also, we're talking about healers, and they can only do that every 3 minutes (2 if spec'd concealment).

Ever played a Sage or Socerer? I didn't realize how big the power-gap was between the two classes until I started mine. Sage/Sorc has vastly superior utility, especially on Huttball.

haha yes my first 50 was a sorc... holy hell I could carry a huttball victory by myself. wooot... got so boring though but it was nice being amazing. Though im more of an underdog liker myself.

1v1 may not be totally irrelevant, but you simply can't balance PvP around who a particular player or class can or cannot easily beat in a duel. I'm telling you from personal experience, a healing spec'd Scoundrel/Operative is inferior to a Sage/Sorc in virtually every single way.

The only real advantages of the Scoundrel are stealth and EMP spamming on someone that's low HP but not taking enough burst to actually die (and who doesn't LOS you while they're panicking). Since EMP spam can be negated by anyone who isn't mindlessly tunnel visioning (hi stun, what's up?), and stealth is even more situational for healers than it is for DPS, I can quite confidently say that Sages/Sorcs are the clearly superior class(es).

Even when it comes to DPS, I'd give the nod to Sage/Sorc over Scoundrels and Operatives in Huttball (can be a bit less picky in other Warzones, though). There are numerous Sage/Sorc dps-spec upsides in Huttball, while Scoundrels and Operatives really only benefit from being able to more easily solo-target the Mercs/Snipers/etc...that are platform camping (before they get pushed or pulled off, anyway).

AMEN someone knows what the f is up. I completely agree with everything you have said in this forum post.

I have played both sorc and op at 50 and can say hands down sorc is 100% better especially at huttball. I dont see anyplace for an op healer in huttball when rateds start happening you just wont be desired.

Its too bad because the difficulty that is playing an op is so fun yet we just dont have any good utility to make us worthwhile.

Edited by bkizz