Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Sith Armour Cool Republic armour meh...

IcyDeadPeople

Eh Black is just lame, thought it was cooler back when I was like 13, but now I like the armor the republic looks

Troopers look like they are grunts, stormtrooper/clonetrooper style

Jedi Sentinals are more of a warrior feel, while guardians are just bulldozers

Sages/Shadows have a more of a diplomatic feel to them, eloquent.

Scoundrels/Gunslingers are more of a lone gunmen type of guy, essentially space cowboys.

I kind of suspect that the Empire hired the designers at Hot Topic to design the armor.(except BH)

Bounty hunters look pretty cool. Have the bounty hunter/mando look to them

Sith Juggernaut, feel like darth vader, yet more mechanical, have the plain color black

Maruders, wear black,

Sith Inq, seem to be pretty emo style to them,

But biggest one is the Agent, most emo, looking gear ever. Black

But that's my opinion :) I'm biased.

Edited by Seravie

• 1 year later...
Eh Black is just lame, thought it was cooler back when I was like 13, but now I like the armor the republic looks

Troopers look like they are grunts, stormtrooper/clonetrooper style

Jedi Sentinals are more of a warrior feel, while guardians are just bulldozers

Sages/Shadows have a more of a diplomatic feel to them, eloquent.

Scoundrels/Gunslingers are more of a lone gunmen type of guy, essentially space cowboys.

I kind of suspect that the Empire hired the designers at Hot Topic to design the armor.(except BH)

Bounty hunters look pretty cool. Have the bounty hunter/mando look to them

Sith Juggernaut, feel like darth vader, yet more mechanical, have the plain color black

Maruders, wear black,

Sith Inq, seem to be pretty emo style to them,

But biggest one is the Agent, most emo, looking gear ever. Black

But that's my opinion :) I'm biased.

I completely disagree im sorry to say.

Yes, I know that this is all based on personal opinion but i have to say, having played a sentinel and a shadow to high levels (sent to 53 and shadow to 47) and having played Sin and Jugg to even higher levels. I have to say the empire are simply the most enticing faction. I assume this was deliberate by Bioware (following the classic style of: Bad guys are always the coolest) .

When playing with my jedi i found that all those brown or white hoods were just sooo utterrly boring after a while. Ive gotta admit I was really excited to get a hood for my jedi because i thought they looked cool but after that first hood basicall every armor i get from the GTN or missions or fps were hooded. It was so boring. Shadow/Sage is even worse, With their masks which just look lame (at least they get proper headgear though unlike the JK who get goggles LOL :D) They have a slightly better color variety with some goldish armor which is pretty cool, but the color varieties just arent enough for the pubs (in my opinion).

Then there is the Empire :wea_03: ..... I dont even need to say anything apart from this; SO FRICKING AWESOME!!! :D

Its like Bioware are deliberately just trying to put people of the republic faction with their boring identical brown and white robes LOL

Let's put the facts together..:

Empire

-Empire characters all get cool helmets

This is untrue. There is no such thing as a cool helmet in this game. They are all gawd-awful almighty grotesquely ugly.

There are exactly 2 nice looking adaptive "helmets" in this game: the rascal's toothpick and the adept scout's earpiece.

Yes, I know that this is all based on personal opinion but i have to say, having played a sentinel and a shadow to high levels (sent to 53 and shadow to 47) and having played Sin and Jugg to even higher levels. I have to say the empire are simply the most enticing faction. I assume this was deliberate by Bioware (following the classic style of: Bad guys are always the coolest) .

When playing with my jedi i found that all those brown or white hoods were just sooo utterrly boring after a while. Ive gotta admit I was really excited to get a hood for my jedi because i thought they looked cool but after that first hood basicall every armor i get from the GTN or missions or fps were hooded. It was so boring. Shadow/Sage is even worse, With their masks which just look lame (at least they get proper headgear though unlike the JK who get goggles LOL :D) They have a slightly better color variety with some goldish armor which is pretty cool, but the color varieties just arent enough for the pubs (in my opinion).

Then there is the Empire :wea_03: ..... I dont even need to say anything apart from this; SO FRICKING AWESOME!!! :D

Its like Bioware are deliberately just trying to put people of the republic faction with their boring identical brown and white robes LOL

Your point, aside from the faction imbalance it ended up creating (in part, anyway - people do care about what their characters look like a lot), is now moot.

There are so many adaptive sets, it's made the armor less of an issue.

The only thing I'd like to see more of are new models for Jedi and Sith that are more neutral in look.

Still waiting for a hooded robe set for my Shadow I can dye in dark colors and not look like a Sith.

-Empire characters all get cool helmets and awesome varieties of capes/vests or jackets

I guess we all have different opinions. In general I find the majority of helmets in the game to be .. unattractive. The empire ranges from Insane Clown Masks (Warrior) to Odd Biological Entity Eating My Head (Inquisitor) and Quasi-Humorous-Metal Bolted to My Skull (Bounty Hunter). The Agent isn't much better. A few look ninja-like and I guess that's cool, but many of them are just as ugly as the rest.

-Sages get a few masks which look just plain weird,

Weirder than the Inquisitor? I mean, Consulars get the Mushroom Hat and the bizarro metal-face hat, but that's nothing compared to Inquisitor end-game gear.

-Way too much white on the Rep side of armour - why can't my trooper wear black or red?

Because its a uniform? Republic military has armor uniforms that are based on white armor plate. If you want different colors, there is a dye system. However, the default looks are going to look like the canonical republic military appearance. Nothing shocking there.

EDIT: Whoa. Super necro. I missed the year on the post. Just saw 02/04/... and assumed it was from today.

Edited by Malastare

Since this is at the top anyway I'll just say: IMO the most interesting gear comes from mixing and matching sets. Not a single one of my toons or companions wears all items from just one armor set and the results are far more pleasing to look at.

I have been bored to death with my Consular so far, but I definitely like how he looks. Variety is the spice of life, we don't have to wear the outfits only as they're presented. I will never equip one of the sorc/sin light armor masks, that is for certain =p

Best 2 year Necro ever...congratulations.

Your point, aside from the faction imbalance it ended up creating (in part, anyway - people do care about what their characters look like a lot), is now moot.

There are so many adaptive sets, it's made the armor less of an issue.

The only thing I'd like to see more of are new models for Jedi and Sith that are more neutral in look.

Still waiting for a hooded robe set for my Shadow I can dye in dark colors and not look like a Sith.

Yeh actually you're right.

Theres so much good adaptive gear on the cartel market that armor isnt a problem. But I just think that the pub classes (especially jedi) should have a wider variety of robes which dont need to be bought with ccs instead of their plain old hooded ones.

Otherwise pubs are awesome

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.