Orange Gear - Question

jedi_newb

So I'm wondering if someone can clear something for me. Can any piece of orange gear be modded up to the appropriate stats with level-appropriate mods? And by mods, I mean armoring, mod, agument, etc.

Im just wondering because for my Sith Juggernaut, I really like a lot of the light armor looks, but obviously don't like the stats. Can this armor be mod-able to an appopriate level for a Juggernaut, or is the heavy armor equivalent orange piece going to give better stats, given the same mods.

For example, I really like the black talon SI robe, and am wondering if it would have the same stats if I modded it for a Juggernaut, as would the black talon heavy gear.

The same question applies for leveling. Could I, potentially, use the same piece of orange gear from level 10-50, but upgrade the mods? or is a level 30 orange piece inherently better in base stats than a level 10 orange piece, given the same mods?

Thanks!

So I'm wondering if someone can clear something for me. Can any piece of orange gear be modded up to the appropriate stats with level-appropriate mods? And by mods, I mean armoring, mod, agument, etc.

Im just wondering because for my Sith Juggernaut, I really like a lot of the light armor looks, but obviously don't like the stats. Can this armor be mod-able to an appopriate level for a Juggernaut, or is the heavy armor equivalent orange piece going to give better stats, given the same mods.

For example, I really like the black talon SI robe, and am wondering if it would have the same stats if I modded it for a Juggernaut, as would the black talon heavy gear.

The same question applies for leveling. Could I, potentially, use the same piece of orange gear from level 10-50, but upgrade the mods? or is a level 30 orange piece inherently better in base stats than a level 10 orange piece, given the same mods?

Thanks!

technically yes, armor will still be based light medium heavy and people WILL get REALLY pissed if you say need on a BH orange to add SJ mods cuz it looks cooler.

Yes, you can have any stat on any orange gear (infact, one of my comp use a sniper gear even if she is a jedi) But, a light gear will never have the same armor rating as a heavy gear, keep that in mind if you use a light armor for your juggernaught.