I miss Warhammer Online

Cruces

Don’t get me wrong, SWTOR is great. The game has issues, but for the most part I’m happy with it.

But, I do miss Warhammer Online.

Yea, I know: The game was released full of bugs. The engine was not optimized. The implementation of ORvR was not great. There was the Bright Wizard AOE stacking issue (balance). And the dreaded ZERG!

WAR was far from perfect. Despite the issues, from release I played for over a year, and enjoyed myself.

Yesterday I thought I would go to Youtube and refresh my memory of some of the action.

The first video I selected was no video at all, but the opening theme music to the game…it’s perfect. Not flashy theme music, but like Pavlov’s dog, once I caught the opening song, I couldn’t stop the avalanche of memories of all the battles waged and won in that game. The Battlegrounds and ORvR had more than just a few “moments”. They were Epic.

Too bad Warhammer Online has been left like an old car in the garage. Frankly, rightfully so. The biggest issue for me was always population. Too may ORvR tiers empty during off peak times. Maybe they could have instanced the ORvR lakes with cross server population (imagine every tier and every lake with activity). But I digress.

As it is, WAR (for me) is not worth a monthly subscription. If it went F2P, I’d be all over it. I wouldn’t mind paying within a micro-transaction environment. As for the success of a PvP game in a F2P environment is not for me or any players to figure out. That falls on the professional shoulders of EA, if they choose to do so.

I just wish EA/Bioware could make DAoC2 wrapped in the Warhammer universe.

WAR:2

I’d gladly pay a mthly subscription to that.

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to come to the forums and give us feedback on features that were memorable for you in another game. However, we will be closing this thread as the thread's discussion is more focused on another game and not regarding a general discussion for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

We encourage you to continue posting on the forums about the game and its contents. If you have any suggestion you think could be implemented to make a better experience, please leave us some suggestions in this suggestion compilation thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=87349