Scoundrel AC needs loving, and not just from NPCs

Falcon_Smide

I am more of a lurker, but after hitting 48 and seeing where the Scoundrel AC has gone, I’m left feeling let down. I normally avoid the QQ as much as possible, because it is usually an overreaction. For the Scoundrel AC I must now admit that it’s well founded.

Quick about me: I’ve played several types of “rouges” and healers in several MMOs. I am a casual player, not a pro. I have spec’ed DF, Scrapper, and Sawbones. I have done more PVE than PVP in this game, but get the PVP angle.

Here are the problems in a nutshell as I see it:

Sawbones healing: to complicated, further, after mastering the complication it is outperformed by the other healers

Scrapper: burst one trick puppy, and the puppy was just killed (I know, over simplified)

Dirty Fighting: schizophrenic dot spec that wants to be melee and ranged with only 1 ranged and 1 aoe dot

At least one of these needs to be fixed or all this class will have going for it is smart *** comments and all the sexy time it gets.

A lot has been written on Sawbones and Scrapper, so here is my two cents on Dirty Fighting. Give it one more melee or 10m range DOT, base it on shot gun pellets or something. Think longer version of flechett, bleed should last 10-15 seconds. Tweak the variables based on damage output. The goal it to have more dots on the target so the powers that exploit the dots are more worthwhile, as opposed to kind of meh right now. Also need something to reduce energy costs a little more.

What Dirty Fighting needs most is for Hemorrhaging Blast to grant Upper Hand. Two bleeds on a target, Hem up and then wounding shot, blaster whip, wounding shot is already an almost dead target. While a third bleed would be interesting it would make Wounding Shot pretty crazy. Maybe thats a good thing, but... I'm not sure it is needed as much as the fix to our UH management and then a gap closer/sprint.