Sentinel - way too much CDS on attacks.

Superastro

Most of the time you ARE CC'd to hell, you NEED the heal debuff from saber throw, you WANT that ranged guy to get the precision debuff, the assassin right there needs to be slowed and there's a guy stunned right in front of you who could earn a pommel strike before the stun breaks...

You know, that's what I mean, reducing all the "if->then" skills wouldn't overpower the class, wouldn't (at least for me) take the fun out of it, you'd just have to worry less about your bars and more about the action...

Val

EDIT: What you'd think they'd give a melee DPS though is a detaunt and at least SOME CC-abilities and more than one speed proc.

I agree. But I think our biggest problem is all our great utility is in watchman and all of our up front damage is in other trees.

Watchman will be the only sentinel found in groups for ranked pvp...yet they have this stupid number of abilities/dps ramp up to make them viable against good players. For melee classes to be viable they HAVE to be able to frontload damage. It's especially important WHEN EVERYONE HAS A KNOCKBACK.

I agree. But I think our biggest problem is all our great utility is in watchman and all of our up front damage is in other trees.

Watchman will be the only sentinel found in groups for ranked pvp...yet they have this stupid number of abilities/dps ramp up to make them viable against good players. For melee classes to be viable they HAVE to be able to frontload damage. It's especially important WHEN EVERYONE HAS A KNOCKBACK.

Not to mention that the one tree that feels like "an intricate web of damage" to most of us and plays like the kung-fu-monk style you'd expect from the double wielding force-user has zero utility in PvP and inferior over-time damage in PvE -> Combat.

So you're bound to go Watchman for PvE and utility and get comfortable with the thought that the ranged classes will just own your *ss 24/7 until you're heavily geared and able to stomp mint-50s.

Val