Subscription or Time Code

fishfishstinks

From all the research I did after paying $90.39 for the game, it seems you must subscribe then cancel in order to even log in. I also had to use my credit card for my friends subscription because it wouldn't accept his Canadian RBC debit card... So when will these issues be sorted out? Why force a player to 'subscribe' if they only wish to try the game? Reminds me of Netflix and many other dishonest companies trying to earn that extra buck, betting on people forgetting to cancel their subscriptions.

I disagree with their tactics as well. It seems out of order especially if you don't have access to a credit card or paypal and are forced to actually buy a timecard which you then can't cancel unlike the other forms of payment.

However I have no idea if they are unique or not. Unlike this title I have mostly been able to play a free trial where no payment is required or any set up.

It's a pay to play MMO with no trial, plenty of MMOs do this. Eventually SWTOR may have 2 week free trials in a year or so, but I've not honestly seen many pay to play MMOs give out free trials in the first year of release.

EDIT: I'm subscribed, but not with a credit card. A debit card also works.

Edited by Twaggy

It's a pay to play MMO with no trial, plenty of MMOs do this. Eventually SWTOR may have 2 week free trials in a year or so, but I've not honestly seen many pay to play MMOs give out free trials in the first year of release.

RIFT did one well within a year of release.

EDIT: I'm not saying SWTOR should already be offering a free trial. I was just agreeing in general with the principle that nothing should need to be set up in order to use your thirty days you've already paid for in that overpriced SWTOR box price.

Edited by Xerda

Because they know that game is crap and most of players will leave after 1-2 month.

Shouldnt you have left this game by now? forcing your opinion regarding the game all the time is old. We get it, you think it's crap. Move on like most of the others have, no one actually asked how the game was in this thread.

RE: Rift

Yes I know they did, but I said I didnt know many. I know some people think that you shouldn't have to place card details in when you got 30 days included. But tbh all things are run this way, LoveFilm...Netflix.... Sky TV... broadband (i got a "trial" once from them but they still wanted my card details lol). I agree it sucks, but this is how all these businesses role. TBH if I owned a company that requires subscriptions I would do the same, its not just because they hope you will "forget" about your sub, but also a lot of people would take the **** and just try the trial with no intention of continuing even if they like it.

Well that's my thoughts on it anyway.

Shouldnt you have left this game by now? forcing your opinion regarding the game all the time is old. We get it, you think it's crap. Move on like most of the others have, no one actually asked how the game was in this thread.

RE: Rift

Yes I know they did, but I said I didnt know many. I know some people think that you shouldn't have to place card details in when you got 30 days included. But tbh all things are run this way, LoveFilm...Netflix.... Sky TV... broadband (i got a "trial" once from them but they still wanted my card details lol). I agree it sucks, but this is how all these businesses role. TBH if I owned a company that requires subscriptions I would do the same, its not just because they hope you will "forget" about your sub, but also a lot of people would take the **** and just try the trial with no intention of continuing even if they like it.

Well that's my thoughts on it anyway.

Some of us didnt want to give them the credit card numbers and bought the 60 day prepaid.

And judging by the number of reports on during the 30 day trial peroid end around 20-th of january it was a very good decision. My Paypal didnt ask me to verify my account information, my credit cards were not charged more than they should be and so on.

So we are still here, waiting for the bugs to get fixed and boosting the "number of active subscriptions" so people like you, can lie to themselves that this game is doing great.

Also by using the prepaid along with the registration i managed to avoid the problem with codes not being accepted cos of their system failure around oh yea the 20-th of january and during the next week.

Edited by Adderdin

From all the research I did after paying $90.39 for the game, it seems you must subscribe then cancel in order to even log in. I also had to use my credit card for my friends subscription because it wouldn't accept his Canadian RBC debit card... So when will these issues be sorted out? Why force a player to 'subscribe' if they only wish to try the game? Reminds me of Netflix and many other dishonest companies trying to earn that extra buck, betting on people forgetting to cancel their subscriptions.

Done by most MMOs

Actually, I would like to pause my sub (time card) until game became better (if it ever happen), but I can't.

Many people says that game is new and it will expand. But now it is a poor WoW-clone. Everything, that they didn't copied from WoW is awful. So I guess everything, that they will add in the future will be awful (like Ilum kill-trading pvp and cheap flash game "space combat").

debit cards are not credit cards in canada..

and there are pleanty of games that make you buy time in order to get your 30 days free...pretty standard practice really.n o one is betting on anyone forgetting to cancel..if you dont realize that 15 dollars a month is exiting your bank account or being applied to your CC you must really not take care to watch your money..

you are honestly just reading far to much into this.

Yes it does. People are saying that this or that is standard practice in mmo's. Of course only if it suits their point.

no it has nothing to do with the standard practice for cost and subscriptions.. you are attempting to draw a parallel because of standard practice...which is false and misleading....