Is their discrimination towards snipers?

slicjedi

Sniper is PVE Kings, but PVP Underdogs

This is why I pvp as another class. That's in the 50's bracket too. Highest damage done I've seen to date, could be higher out there but I've not yet seen it. Sorc's are insanely powerful in pvp since they basically completely bypass armor.

I just have a general question here for everyone who is PVPing as a sniper, cause the thread seems to be moving this way. What are you guys going MM investing in for your stats, cause I never really have a problem with my attacks not doing much damage and missing, my accuracy is over 101% now if that's what it is, but I've been hearing a lot about how under powered MM is for pvp and I just don't see it, sure the occasional Juggernaut gets that crazy buff combo and I do no damage while it's active, but thats what all the stuns and knockbacks are for. comments?

Yep, they can also heal and kite. Snipers, not so much, which is kinda sucky for a pure DPS that is merely on par with the dps compared to mercs and sorcs. The DPS does not shine with all the restrictions and gimps that other classes don't suffer from. You can get all and more by rolling merc or sorc and you don't even have to waste time being in cover (to use your abilities) that does not really cover anything in practise, only exposes you. "I'm over here, kill me!" billboard with flashing lights to top it all. Yeah... Sniper.

Also sorry to call you out dude, but i see you complaining about the Sniper in every thread....i really don't want to be that guy....but just reroll dude, if you hate the sniper this much, there isn't any amount of buffs in the world that will get you to like him

Also sorry to call you out dude, but i see you complaining about the Sniper in every thread....i really don't want to be that guy....but just reroll dude, if you hate the sniper this much, there isn't any amount of buffs in the world that will get you to like him

I did reroll, which is exactly the reason why I'm here. It seems that any other class has more tools and can put out same DPS without the limitations of the Sniper class.

I'm here for the class balance, even that it might hurt some "Sniper MM forever" egos that think that killing some utterly poor players on their servers is some sort of merit and a sign that there is a valid class balance. Maybe when you realize that I want this class and the overall class balance to work, we might talk again in reasonable terms of logic and reason.

Edited by Beansoup

funny how other classes don't seem to QQ about having to go through armor and midigation, not every class ignores all of these Marauders for example tear though anything and most of their damage is effected by midigation.

Instead of QQing why not learn how to play. Accuracy will negate much of their midgiation as far as shield dodge and deflect.

Funny how you think im "QQing" when all i stated were pretty obvious problems snipers have. Do other classes have problems with deflection/absorbtion? do other classes HAVE to be in cover to use basically all their skills? oh yeah the pay off between being mobile and non mobile stinks we should be hitting higher then any other class becuase we have to use the cover system which sucks to begin with. Don't try saying to respec into another tree because i played a SNIPER TO SNIPE not to DOT. Also where is our 10% built in defence to other classes? id like a 10% chance to totally negate force users.

Enough is enough with this "you need to L2P" crap its a childish answer that has gotten old. Anyone that wants to have a civil discussion with me will have to learn how to do so without these stupid "L2P" answers because its just dumb we are stating OUR EXPERIENCES IN GAME if you don't like it fine but try and give us better tips then just "L2P" other then that il just ignore your posts and im sure you wouldn't care either way.

Instead of QQing why not learn how to play. Accuracy will negate much of their midgiation as far as shield dodge and deflect.

Unless I missed something very important, accuracy still does not effect shield chance and never has. Accuracy only improves your chance to not be dodge/parried past the 100% miss barrier. The only stat that directly effects your targets chance to shield a hit or not is Crit. The higher your Crit, the lower their chance to shield a hit. With the changes to BioChem i'm not sure its still possible unless you were stacking crit gear, but against a shield heavy target such as a BH/Commando or Shadow/Assassin tank and even Jugg/Guardian tanks a high enough Crit % can completely push your targets shield chance off the table.