Getting destroyed as level 33 ST in PvP. Is it normal?

BobBarnsen

Like the title says. I'm currently level 33 and 23 points into ShieldTech. For PvE i seem to be a great tank. But in PvP i cant really withstand more damage than others. And the damage i dish out seems to be pretty low too.

I get killed by most other classes in a 1on1 situation. Some minutes ago i got destroyed by a level 23 Assassin.

Am i doing something wrong or is it normal at this level and specced into ST?

Like the title says. I'm currently level 33 and 23 points into ShieldTech. For PvE i seem to be a great tank. But in PvP i cant really withstand more damage than others. And the damage i dish out seems to be pretty low too.

I get killed by most other classes in a 1on1 situation. Some minutes ago i got destroyed by a level 23 Assassin.

Am i doing something wrong or is it normal at this level and specced into ST?

pvp tanks, especially pt ones, dont have a whole lot more survivability than their dps counterparts. mostly because of the tanking stats that pts focus on dont work well in pvp. the other tank classes are a LITTLE bit better in this regard as their tanking focus meshes better for pvp.

that said, i played a ST/PT hybrid spec in 10-49 pvp and i never really got destroyed...then again pvp is much more balanced in that bracket and nobody really got destroyed unless their was an op around. but yea, in pvp your job basically boils down to two tasks:

protect your healer

or protect the ball carrier.

pts are not equipped to do anything else....unless your enemy likes to bunch up in a tight groups of 5 often. in which case go nuts with aoe. and also get used to the fact that aoe will likely make up the vast majority of your damage, so dont be timid about using death from above!

also, learn how to grapple while jumping off a ledge. it can make a difference. especially in voidstar where your only use throughout that whole game is jumping off the bridge and trying to grapple someone (hopefully a healer) with you to your death.

that said, jet charge makes pvp much more tolerable. pvping without jet charge is one of the worst experiences you can possibly have in any game.

Edited by Ryotknife