Datacrons

jonobiwan

Is it appropriate to get them on non class worlds? Like I'm a Jedi and I want to get them all like on Ord Mantell.

Why would it be inappropriate for a Jedi to get the datacrons on Ord Mantell? You are even sent there on the Sentinel quest at one point. If BW didn't want Jedi going to Ord Mantell they wouldn't have done that (made a quest to send them there).

There are datacrons on every planet. You're entitled to get every one that you can reach. No need to ask permission. If they didn't want you to get them they'd not have put them in and given you codex entries for them.

Is it appropriate to get them on non class worlds? Like I'm a Jedi and I want to get them all like on Ord Mantell.

If you are asking if you can get them on another class starting planet, yes you can. As a Jedi, you can go to Ord Mantell and get the datacrons there. However, I do not believe (someone correct me if I am wrong) that you can go to cross-faction starting planets and get the datacrons.

Actually, if you what to get all the matrix shards you have to do exactly that! I travelled with my Jedi Consular at about level 11 to Ord Mantell to get the datacrons there, even though only the matrix shard might is useful (but having more codex entries is nice and getting xp for collecting them never hurts).

I'm a completionist and like to get everything but I assume I should only get ones that apply to my class right?

Nah, get them all if that's what you're in to. What I'm hearing is that you may be concerned taht you could be "stealing" them from a class that has more use of them? If that is your concern, not to worry. You getting it won't prevent anyone else from getting it.