Can you really Blame us?

ExileV

Im not complaining about getting in or not.

But I understand the truth hurts, even in this post you are waving your self entittlement.

This is my last response to you.

It is not self entitlement. BW made it very clear what to expect. Period.

Self-Entitlement is thinking that despite what BW said, that you would get in with everyone else. It is disregarding information in favor of your own wants and interest.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking about getting up on the same soapbox, but i took an arrow in the knee

arrow! for shame! it's a BLASTER to the knee jebus... But I digress, the soapbox thing is honestly a waste of time on any kind of internet forum related to a computer game of any type, because the people who matter won't care, and all it does is waste time you could of spent taking a nap.

1. Well, don't quit your day job to go into any field that requires reading people.

2. Powerless about not gaining access? How is it powerless that it was 100% within their power to get into the EGA early? BW didn't make them buy the pre-order late, BW didn't make them input the EGA code late, BW didn't make them do anything. The people whining are not in the EGA right now for 1 reason and 1 reason alone: they didn't act when they should have. They were told that they need to act fast to get early EGA access and they didn't. That's their fault. There is no alternate POV. It is their fault.

they are powerless today. their frustration is today. it is really that hard to comprehend?

and why does it bother you enough to post calling them whiners?

they are powerless today. their frustration is today. it is really that hard to comprehend?

and why does it bother you enough to post calling them whiners?

Yes! Yes it is!

I can understand why someone is frustrated that they can't get in today. But it is utterly incomprehensible that they would lash out at BW for it when BW had absolutely nothing to do with their situation. The players knew the rules and they screwed themselves over and it is completely 100% ludicrous that they feel right in acting they way they are.

This is my last response to you.

It is not self entitlement. BW made it very clear what to expect. Period.

Self-Entitlement is thinking that despite what BW said, that you would get in with everyone else. It is disregarding information in favor of your own wants and interest.

I knew full well what I got into Im not complaining about the wait.

Having BW's faq to hide being still doesnt change the fact YOU feel you are entittled to get in while people after you deserve to wait so yeah, it is self entittlement.

Heck I didnt even say you dont deserve your access (over others) Im not even saying you are wrong when you say you deserve to be in because you ordered early.

I am pointing out you should be more carefull with your accusation of self-entittlemt.

The disapointment of people is very understandeble and they definately are "entittled"to express it.

Heck the reactions people give to people telling disapointment are even worse. Niener niener you cant even queue up niener niener. You actually think its strange people react poorly to that?

Yes! Yes it is!

I can understand why someone is frustrated that they can't get in today. But it is utterly incomprehensible that they would lash out at BW for it when BW had absolutely nothing to do with their situation. The players knew the rules and they screwed themselves over and it is completely 100% ludicrous that they feel right in acting they way they are.

they lash out because today they are powerless to do anything about it. the only thing that can change is BW's rollout strategy so thats where they are trying to apply pressure. it wont work, but its understandable why they do it.

Likewise, you (and many, many others) calling them whiners in an attempt to get them to stop wont work.

Yes! Yes it is!

Or, or, bioware could you know not be completely idiotic in how they handled the first 3 days so far (hell even the first 2) and they would of had everyone in by now. The problem lies in them being unwilling to change their horribly laid plans, when they realized they could do so without causing problems. Also another problem is that they decided it was a "smart idea" to not bring up all the servers at once, when they knew exactly how many they would need at a minimum with an even population distribution.

Also bioware seems to think that they can legitimately keep up the "get up to 5 days of early game access" sign as a part of their sales pitch for people ordering as late as today, when the reality of it is those people have zero chance of actually getting anything close to 5 days. Poor business management and decision making processes led to this, now the consumers have to pay for what should of been a routine procedural game launch.

I don't understand why people are so angry. Bioware said early on that the earlier you registered your code the higher your chances to get in early into the game. So, devout followers of the game were already preordering that first week.

In my opinion, this game is EA's and Bioware's game, so they make the rules. If people didn't read and preorder with anticipation, then its not their fault. Also, I think they have the right to decide how they want to launch this game.

Before you complain about EA/Bioware's EGA, first ask yourself did you preorder with anticipation? No...then expect to get in at the end of the 5-day EGA.

Did they make it clear, although not very clear in the beginning, how you could get EGA? (i.e. sending out e-mails, posting on website etc...)

Yes...some clarification on how to get EGA on the first days of preorders was needed, but then they clarified what they had said.

they lash out because today they are powerless to do anything about it. the only thing that can change is BW's rollout strategy so thats where they are trying to apply pressure. it wont work, but its understandable why they do it.

Likewise, you (and many, many others) calling them whiners in an attempt to get them to stop wont work.

No, it's not understandable. Nowhere in MMORPG history has an annoying, obnoxious, potty-mouthed group been able to sway the policies of the MMO company by spamming the forums with hateful, vitriolic, whiny temper tantrums. The attitude "if we keep making threads, they'll have to do something sooner or later" is moronic.

I take that back, it's understandable only when you put entitlement into the question. Because all of their demands are completely unreasonable unless they have some complex where they think they deserve everything they can ask for at the drop of a hat because the world revolves around them.

That's not the way the real world works. These people are in for a reality check when they venture out into the real world, be it when they graduate college, high school, preschool, or whatever sheltered bubble they're in.

Also, I'm not calling them whiners to get them to stop, I'm calling them whiners because they're whining. If they didn't whine, they wouldn't be called whiners.

Edited by dreadpirateandy

First I would just like to tell all the people who are calling everyone who posts an angry complaint or remark saying that they will never pre-order anything from BioWare again a *********** whiner to back the hell off.

Can you really blame people for being disgruntled? Stop and think about it for a second. Some of you may not understand the value in money (not expecting everyone to) but to certain people, dishing out $60 to $80 is a pretty big chunk of money for a video game. Especially when, for example, I can buy a week's worth of groceries with that kind of money. So don't call people whiners and start flaming people when they feel they haven't gotten what they feel their money was worth.

I probably am also not going to pre-order another Bioware game if they EVER re-use this EGA scheme of sending waves out. I don't think my money has been well spent when I'm sitting here, wasting my time feeling annoyed every hour I check my email and still haven't received anything. A feeling, enhanced by the fact that Bioware has done next to nothing to at least tell us approximately when players will get into the EGA.

I can't help but feel annoyed at this, it's just the way I feel and I can't change it, so I'm very sorry, but spending money to feel annoyed isn't a valid purchase for me. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. If I pay for a game, I want entertainment and fun, not the opposite.

Anyway, please note that I'm not bashing Bioware's EGA scheme per-se. Maybe it's a good way to set up launch for them, who knows. All I'm saying is that personally it's not my cup of tea as a launch procedure and I'll take no part in any future releases that are similarly planned.

- Edit -

Been getting a lot of people saying it's people's own fault for not ordering sooner and etc. As I've said before, I didn't choose to not order in July, I would have in a heartbeat. People don't have the extra income to spend on games whenever they feel like it, idk why that is hard to understand. Like I said in a previous post, I was barely getting my rent money together in July because of a huge loss in the amount of hours for employees at that specific time at my place of work. I was also recovering from a break-up that forced me to move to a new place that I now had to pay for on my own.

to quote Adam Jensen; "I never asked for this."

:p

This is like people blaming Smith & Wesson for shooting themselves in the foot. Also you didn't have to spend 60 to 80 bucks for pre-order, just 5. Heck you could of done something like lay away with someplaces, or paid it off later, or even wait for the EGA decide if you liked the game or not and then gotten your 5 bucks back.

Or, or, bioware could you know not be completely idiotic in how they handled the first 3 days so far (hell even the first 2) and they would of had everyone in by now. The problem lies in them being unwilling to change their horribly laid plans, when they realized they could do so without causing problems. Also another problem is that they decided it was a "smart idea" to not bring up all the servers at once, when they knew exactly how many they would need at a minimum with an even population distribution.

Also bioware seems to think that they can legitimately keep up the "get up to 5 days of early game access" sign as a part of their sales pitch for people ordering as late as today, when the reality of it is those people have zero chance of actually getting anything close to 5 days. Poor business management and decision making processes led to this, now the consumers have to pay for what should of been a routine procedural game launch.

You realize the vast majority of November got in today, right? Meaning all of December will likely get in tomorrow, giving them 4 days. That's hardly not "anything close to 5 days".

From a technical standpoint, Bioware's plan is excellent. A game "server" is made up of multiple servers that host designated pieces of the game world. The weight on each individual server will be lighter because it will have to host less players at once, leading to better stability. Statistically, we're less likely to see queues since we won't have 100% of the population trying to log on at the same time on the same day. Each individual's play experience will be better because they won't be dealing with overcrowded zones.

The staggered release is the best plan for a stable launch a company has ever come up with. Most people complaining are just too short sighted to see it because they get in the game 3 or 4 days later than the folks who pre-ordered in July.

I knew full well what I got into Im not complaining about the wait.

Having BW's faq to hide being still doesnt change the fact YOU feel you are entittled to get in while people after you deserve to wait so yeah, it is self entittlement.

Heck I didnt even say you dont deserve your access (over others) Im not even saying you are wrong when you say you deserve to be in because you ordered early.

I am pointing out you should be more carefull with your accusation of self-entittlemt.

The disapointment of people is very understandeble and they definately are "entittled"to express it.

Heck the reactions people give to people telling disapointment are even worse. Niener niener you cant even queue up niener niener. You actually think its strange people react poorly to that?

Just for you. So you can get over it- I'll stop calling it "Self Entitlement".

I will call it what it actually is- "Narcissistic Entitlement"

Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an "awkward" or "difficult" person. Defiance of their will is a narcissistic injury that can trigger narcissistic rage.

Edited by Beatmiser

No, it's not understandable. Nowhere in MMORPG history has an annoying, obnoxious, potty-mouthed group been able to sway the policies of the MMO company by spamming the forums with hateful, vitriolic, whiny temper tantrums. The attitude "if we keep making threads, they'll have to do something sooner or later" is moronic.

Just about every nerf in MMO history is a result of this.

I take that back, it's understandable only when you put entitlement into the question. Because all of their demands are completely unreasonable unless they have some complex where they think they deserve everything they can ask for at the drop of a hat because the world revolves around them.

That's not the way the real world works. These people are in for a reality check when they venture out into the real world, be it when they graduate college, high school, preschool, or whatever sheltered bubble they're in.

Also, I'm not calling them whiners to get them to stop, I'm calling them whiners because they're whining. If they didn't whine, they wouldn't be called whiners.

And all you did was trow oil on the fire. What started out with people expressing disapointment turned into a 2 sided whine fest.

Anounced or not the disapointment about the wait is understandeble.

Just about every nerf in MMO history is a result of this.

No. The devs keep a close eye on their games and they're always changing and tweaking things so chances are that they noticed any OPness before any players did. Then they start working on fixing it while players notice and start throwing fits so when the fix is implemented, it only appears that the players caused it. If anything, players do indeed let devs know of issues, but the attitude and trolling and spamming and hate from the players has no role in how fast and in what way an issue is addressed.

And all you did was trow oil on the fire. What started out with people expressing disapointment turned into a 2 sided whine fest.

Anounced or not the disapointment about the wait is understandeble.

I agree, the "disapointment" is "understandeble," but the whining and temper tantrums are not.

Just for you. So you can get over it- I'll stop calling it "Self Entitlement".

I will call it what it actually is- "Narcissistic Entitlement"

Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an "awkward" or "difficult" person. Defiance of their will is a narcissistic injury that can trigger narcissistic rage.

I can point out the irony but that would be redundant.

Good day sir.

Wow, you people have got to just be trolling. No way people are this foolish and childish. The EGA has gone very smoothly and exactly as Bioware said, and intended but for one thing...THEY STARTED IT TWO DAYS EARLY! Other than that, they have delivered on everything they said.

They said preordering MAY get you early access...that has happened for many already and still 5 days from the actual launch.

They said it EGA would come in waves, it has.

They said the earlier you purchased and registered your code the earlier you would get in when EGA started...OMG GUESS WHAT?! IT DID!!!

So, I'm sorry, why are you all compaining about not being in? Only peopel to blame are yourselves. Bioware did their part, YOU DIDN'T DO YOURS!!! It's actually that simple. The game isn't actually even launched officially, this is just a "thank you" of sorts for preodering. If it was the 20th and you couldn't play then I'd understand, CAUSE YOU SPENT MONEY ON THAT...NOT ON EGA!!!! If you preordered for EGA, than blame your own self for not being very smart cause they TOLD you that you MAY get EGA for preordering. That was the ONLY promise.

If $60-$80 is a lot of money to you, then instead of sitting around waiting for an email for early access to a video game, maybe you should get a job. Your time would be better spent. You did not pay for EGA so you have no right to complain, period. Regardless of the lies you want to tell, you have no right to complain because you DID NOT BUY EARLY GAME ACCESS. You bougth a game that launches on the 20th. Be happy you get anything extra that is not listed on your receipt.

- Edit -

Been getting a lot of people saying it's people's own fault for not ordering sooner and etc. As I've said before, I didn't choose to not order in July, I would have in a heartbeat. People don't have the extra income to spend on games whenever they feel like it, idk why that is hard to understand. Like I said in a previous post, I was barely getting my rent money together in July because of a huge loss in the amount of hours for employees at that specific time at my place of work. I was also recovering from a break-up that forced me to move to a new place that I now had to pay for on my own.

:p

5 dollars is a drop in the bucket. Calling a local game store to get information on how much you need to pay to get early access is also easy. You had more on your plate then the average day, true, but you always had a chance. Everyone had a chance.

To quote a mother "No sense in crying over split milk."

I can point out the irony but that would be redundant.

Good day sir.

No you can't. Because at no point have my expectations been unreasonable or based on emotion. They were based on what BioWare stated. I in no way feel special or entitled- I simply understood the instructions from BW when and as they were presented. In fact, even if I hadn't gotten in early- I would not have been too upset because it is a game.

My reactions are based on the bullying and rudeness of the average complainer here.

I think you're just trying to argue for the sake of arguing at this point.

Edited by Beatmiser

Yes, quite easily.

And? I can do the same, just because I don't throw a ***** fit doesn't mean that I don't understand the value of money.

Well, if they whining, then they are, in fact, whiners.

Awesome, that puts me closer to the front of the line in the future.

Here's an idea... GO DO SOMETHING ELSE. If you're bored because you're sitting there watching your email, that's your own fault.

You were warned ahead of time that they weren't going to give specifics.

The game hasn't even officially been released to retail stores yet. You'll get fun and entertainment, once you start playing.

Umm... that's exactly what you're doing.

Obviously, it's working quite well so far.

Actually I believe you said that you were bored, annoyed, and blaming Bioware for it.

You sir are my HERO!!

The thing is that it never was clear anywhere when u preordered the game that u might not get in on early access, the fact that they call it early access from the 15th makes it sound that all will get access the 15th who preordered, not that they would start with waves of invites before the 15th, the reason why people is so pissed is because we feel tricked.

I for a fact preordered the 12th of december, I wouldnt have preordered if it stood clear and easy to read almost like a warning that "You might get early access" now instead I've spent almost 80$ on a preorder I might not even be able to use, 80$ that I actually really dont have to spend on a game, the reason why i preordered was because I believed I would get early access, now instead I'm hungry as *********** hell cuz I dont have any money until the 20th when I get my salary..

The fact is I've played almost every MMORPG been playing early access and betas on so many games, but this is the first I've actually been tricked with words into buying something I might not get a chance to use... I'm not angry but I dont like the feeling of giving away money just because Bioware wasnt clear about how the Early access would work, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels exactly like this and can agree on that it wasnt clear that we might get the early access, I'm sure we all believed we would get the early access on the 15th not 17th,18th or 19th or not even at all..

Bioware plz, the republic and empire needs us, and we need them, I feel a great disturbance in the force, a lot of pain and suffering from gamers decieved by the capitalistic darkside..