Let me fix Revan for you BW

Elbrop

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to fix Revan?

Simple: Introduce a pair of legendary lightsabers.

One for Republicans and one for the Sith.

Introduce a long series of difficult as hel quests to get the materials for them.

One of the Empire ones is to capture Revan's ghost, and force it into a crystal where it's pain and torment will vastly increase the power of the wielder.

This flashpoint is just a travesty for fans for KOTOR.

It's not about whose story it is, it's just dramatically tonedeaf--like "Darth Vader built C-3PO!!!"

I think everyone would have been totally satisfied with a Revan ghost, like Obi-wan.

It's also about squandering resources, like making the best character from the original game a boss (???) twice (???) for some reason, instead of someone you can interact with.

Although if HK-47 were a companion in this game, you'd have to buy him 300 skulls before you could chitchat with him, so nobody would ever see his dialogue.

I don't understand how a hero of a past age being beaten by four (4!!!) heroes of the current age in a heavily symbolic passing of the torch moment with extremely heavy echoes of the past hero's own past grasping of the torch is in any way a poor end or a disappointing sendoff. Edited by Darth_Pernisc

Revan's story is told. Let him rest.

He wasn't beaten by just four people. He was beaten by the greatest warriors of this age. And it made sense for him to do the things he did. Sure, he could have used more tactical genius, but it was pretty clear Revan was really buying his own hype at this point. Being that deeply ensared by the Emperor, who is more of an Eldritch Abomination than Nihilus will do that.

Sure, it wasn't over the top insanely BIG, but you know what? I liked Revan. But he's nowhere near where people imagine him to be. He's powerful, but people act like he's the second coming. One line that stood out in the Revan novel was how he was a figure of myth and legend, all that good stuff, but when he looked in the mirror, he just saw a guy.

If they bring him back, I wouldn't mind - So long as it was done well. Given his defeat, and a very certain humbling, I'd imagine he'd be very hands off - Either as a Force Ghost or simply being crippled by the over the top *** kicking.

This is the final conversation I'd like to have with Revan...

Revan: "I failed to defeat the Emperor... Twice..."

Jedi Knight: "Wow. Must suck to be you. I beat him. Did it alone too. Me and my droid."

Revan: "But..."

Jedi Knight: "I mean, I didn't even have to turn to the Dark Side and destroy half of the Republic either."

Revan: "I..."

Jedi Knight: "Now that I think about it... You are a pretty poor Jedi."

Revan: "Well..."

Jedi Knight: "I mean, you fell to the Dark Side, disobeyed the Council, came back, did more damage than the Mandalorians did, and paved the way for a Sith invasion. Then, we go through all the trouble of freeing you and what do you do? You go off the deep end and become a genocidal mad man."

Revan: "... I think I'll just go now."

Jedi Knight: "I think that would be for the best."

This is the final conversation I'd like to have with Revan...

Revan: "I failed to defeat the Emperor... Twice..."

Jedi Knight: "Wow. Must suck to be you. I beat him. Did it alone too. Me and my droid."

Revan: "But..."

Jedi Knight: "I mean, I didn't even have to turn to the Dark Side and destroy half of the Republic either."

Revan: "I..."

Jedi Knight: "Now that I think about it... You are a pretty poor Jedi."

Revan: "Well..."

Jedi Knight: "I mean, you fell to the Dark Side, disobeyed the Council, came back, did more damage than the Mandalorians did, and paved the way for a Sith invasion. Then, we go through all the trouble of freeing you and what do you do? You go off the deep end and become a genocidal mad man."

Revan: "... I think I'll just go now."

Jedi Knight: "I think that would be for the best."

The Emperor was weak because you messed with his ritual in belsavis, voss and corelia... Tol Braga (braga means panties in spanish btw, lol) and Scourge said it, The encounters of Revan agaist the emperor are pretty much your first encounter with him.

The Emperor was weak because you messed with his ritual in belsavis, voss and corelia... Tol Braga (braga means panties in spanish btw, lol) and Scourge said it, The encounters of Revan agaist the emperor are pretty much your first encounter with him.

Doesn't change anything.

We broke free of the Emperor's hold before we laid waste to the Republic.

We stopped the Emperor's plans and weakened him. Then defeated him. Revan failed at this at least 3 times.

(Once when he went to the unknown regions the first time. Once when he went back to the unknown regions. Once when he tried to destroy the Empire in TOR.)

Revan failed on so many levels and the Jedi Knight succeeded where he faltered in pretty much every possible way.

Think of it like this:

The Jedi Knight is Optimus Prime, Revan is Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime. Revan tried his best, but ultimately the Jedi Knight has to pick up the slack and finish the job.

Edited by ProfessorWalsh

Doesn't change anything.

We stopped the Emperor's plans and weakened him. Then defeated him. Revan failed at this at least 3 times.

(Once when he went to the unknown regions the first time. Once when he went back to the unknown regions. Once when he tried to destroy the Empire in TOR.)

Revan failed on so many levels and the Jedi Knight succeeded where he faltered in pretty much every possible way.

Think of it like this:

The Jedi Knight is Optimus Prime, Revan is Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime. Revan tried his best, but ultimately the Jedi Knight has to pick up the slack and finish the job.

Sad see those things...

Both are wrong and the same, both persist in follow what believe.. sad... thats what being a "human" is all about.

Revan did save the Republic, if not for Revan and Malak, the Sith Empire have destroyed the Republic and the Jedi Order centuries ago, why can't anyone see this, or no... read and UNDERSTAND this?

His fall did fulfill something "good" (and bad..), the Exile came right aside him in saving the galaxy.

People want to believe in what they "like", Revan is not THE HERO, he is not the most powerful Jedi, he is not what all his fan want to believe. Exile is not more weak than him, she is so powerful that he indeed states this.

When they go to stop the Emperor, they indeed succeed. If not for this, the Republic was no more.

thanks to this, "we" all have our chances, thanks to this the JK can "try" to stop the emperor, aside with the JC that was a key in rebuilding the Republic/Order (history repeats).

I don't understand why all of the hate and love, why someone get blind for what they believe. Why can't anyone see what is really being told before their eyes? This reminds me why this world... nevermind.

as for Revan:

He is one man, he is not a God, no man can be a God. All of the people HAVE to understand this, understand that he indeed was "A" hero, he indeed, aside with Exile, Zayne and many others in "this" era, fulfill their destiny in saving the Galaxy.

People need to know that, if they doesn't like someone, so be it, but they can't let their emotions rule theirs judgments and make they say... something untrue...

as for the JK:

he does what he does thanks for those before him, thanks to the Scourge and, yet, he failed to destroy the Emperor, again..

The Emperor is not something that someone ALONE can UNDERSTAND. His shadows still are touching the Galaxy. If you do not understand the real finale of the JK, i feel more sorry for you than ever.

I'm wrong, but I understand this. I'm a human like anyone, but can't see why someone want to be THE RIGHT so bad.

They were wrong sometimes, they were right in the other times and they feel confused in many others... because they were humans, "just" humans.

Revan/Meetra are not "my" character, but i kinda understand they. And, above this, I understand what will happen to all those characters that I play right now. And I know that nothing that I say right now will make a difference. I only don't want to see people thinking that have the reason to go against what really is, without understanding it.

History repeats...

Doesn't change anything.

Think of it like this:

Revan saved the galaxy 3 times. First when he betrayed the emperor and decided to rule himself (well, maybe i'm over doing it. but he does things harder for the emperor, but not with good motives in this one). Second when he defeats Malak and third when he try to calm the emperor in his stasis in the maelstorm prison, posponning the incomming invasion long enough for the Jedi Knight to continue the fight.

Without Revan the republic would have been destroyed and the emperor would have killed all, including the jedi knight's great-great-grandparents.

The Jedi Knight also frees himself with outside help (Master Orgus) and is helped by a sith (Lord Scourge). And is helped a lot by his/her crew and Master (Orgus again).

Revan fails because he tries to do things himself so others don't get caught in the cross fire, a real Jedi Actitude, more so when he makes things easier for the Jedi Knight.

Edited by nachoman_randy