A few questions about the shadow?

internaty

Context:

I am currently doudting between jedi sage(49%) and jedi shadow(51%) and with my pre-order invite mail comming any day now i would like some extra intel to make the choice(as i am only gonne play eatch charater once)

Questions:

1:In the jedi consolor leveling progress trailer i saw shadow disapear mid fight several times.

Are you accauly able to cloak in battle or is this just show?

2:Will the shadow be able to skip unneccery(aka irirtating)battle's.

For example lets say you need to get from point A to point B on corosant.

Rather then having to buther your way pass 16 npc's you are able to sneak right pass them?

3:Will it affect the story line.

For example a conversation isnt going the way you like and you have the choice to stealth away befor the battle giving you a small edge?

Edited by internaty

Context:

I am currently doudting between jedi sage(49%) and jedi shadow(51%) and with my pre-order invite mail comming any day now i would like some extra intel to make the choice(as i am only gonne play eatch charater once)

Questions:

1:In the jedi consolor leveling progress trailer i saw shadow disapear mid fight several times.

Rather then having to buther your way pass 16 npc's you are able to sneak right pass them?

For example a conversation isnt going the way you like and you have the choice to stealth away befor the battle giving you a small edge?

1: Yes. Force Cloak will remove you from combat and put you into stealth mode. It has a 3 minute cooldown. 2 with talents in the Infiltration tree.

2: Yes. Mobs rain credits so I wouldn't recommend it, but it is definitely possible. Also, some areas have "bonus quests" that are obtained from killing a mob in that area. From what I saw on beta, they're usually 3 steps. Quest 1 - Kill 16 mobs. Quest 2 - Kill 45 mobs. Quest 3: Kill an elite NPC.

3: I don't think so. All Jedi get the option to use "Force Persuade" sometimes that will make life easier for at least a few quests. If a conversation goes badly and you get ganged up on, you could probably use Force Cloak. And then stun/cc some of the baddies.

Edited by Tyrandaa

Context:

Questions:

1) Yes, at level 22 you get Force Cloak to be able to stealth whilst in combat, though it's on a 3 minute cooldown. Here; http://www.torhead.com/ability/5vQeBNe

However, please be aware stealth is hardly a crucial, in combat tool for Shadows. It's a useful Ace up your sleeve, but whilst using Stealth to get into position to enter combat is pretty crucial, using Force Cloak is not. If you find yourself relying on Force Cloak for anything other than an escape mechanism, you're probably doing something wrong.

2) Yes you will, but if you pass too close, there will be a chance they spot you through stealth. So you can't just run through the group. You still have to run around them, just that in situations where other classes will have to engage them, you can skip them as long as you thread with caution.

3) No. The storyline is meant to be the same for Sages and Shadows, so no such mechanic is in place. If you're fighting a storyline boss, you don't get that advantage. However, like I said, stealth does nothing other than give you Force regen if you specced Infiltration. You don't even open with Shadow Strike, contrary to popular belief.

Oh wow... Whilst typing this, I got my invite. My effort... it has been rewarded.

1: Yes. Force Cloak will remove you from combat and put you into stealth mode. It has a 3 minute cooldown. 2 with talents in the Infiltration tree.

2: Yes. Mobs rain credits so I wouldn't recommend it, but it is definitely possible. Also, some areas have "bonus quests" that are obtained from killing a mob in that area. From what I saw on beta, they're usually 3 steps. Quest 1 - Kill 16 mobs. Quest 2 - Kill 45 mobs. Quest 3: Kill an elite NPC.

3: I don't think so. All Jedi get the option to use "Force Persuade" sometimes that will make life easier for at least a few quests. If a conversation goes badly and you get ganged up on, you could probably use Force Cloak. And then stun/cc some of the baddies.

1) Yes, at level 22 you get Force Cloak to be able to stealth whilst in combat, though it's on a 3 minute cooldown. Here; http://www.torhead.com/ability/5vQeBNe

However, please be aware stealth is hardly a crucial, in combat tool for Shadows. It's a useful Ace up your sleeve, but whilst using Stealth to get into position to enter combat is pretty crucial, using Force Cloak is not. If you find yourself relying on Force Cloak for anything other than an escape mechanism, you're probably doing something wrong.

2) Yes you will, but if you pass too close, there will be a chance they spot you through stealth. So you can't just run through the group. You still have to run around them, just that in situations where other classes will have to engage them, you can skip them as long as you thread with caution.

3) No. The storyline is meant to be the same for Sages and Shadows, so no such mechanic is in place. If you're fighting a storyline boss, you don't get that advantage. However, like I said, stealth does nothing other than give you Force regen if you specced Infiltration. You don't even open with Shadow Strike, contrary to popular belief.

Oh wow... Whilst typing this, I got my invite. My effort... it has been rewarded.

First off congratulations.

I am still waiting on mine(that and my internet didnt work for 3 days:'( )

1:Good to know i can escape unwanted attation.

2:Yes i saw that in the beta.

I already shared my thought about rewarding killing and punishing stealth.

I mean if i want to murder half the galaxie there are plenty of shooters out there do we really need to be rewarded for what we are gonne do anyway(or atleast punished for not doing it aka not getting a reward)

3: Suchs a pity oh while atleast we get:

*hand wave* you want to give me all your money.